Confirmed pregnant through ultrasound after BFN?

babysquash

Reaction score
As in they never had a BFP, even after pregnancy was confirmed? I've seen people talk about this on other forums but I wanted to hear if anyone else here has had this happen so I can feel a little less nuts. Please commiserate with me!

I have PCOS and I'm hypothyroid and my periods are nonexistent when I'm not on BCP so I didn't have any clear indication like a missed period. But I have been having all of the other classic symptoms (nausea, unexplained weight gain, twinges, heartburn, being super tired, etc) since early October but I keep getting BFN's so I've dismissed it and moved on until the next major symptom shows up. I even went to an endocrinologist because I thought my thyroid was the problem but nope, she confirmed that everything is normal. So I have a obgyn appointment on Friday when I'm hoping that they'll do an ultrasound and confirm. But I know that I'm pregnant. I've got a bump and I feel kicking. I've been having all the symptoms for months now but I keep getting BFN's on blood and urine tests. I took a fancy digital home test last week and it still said negative and a blood test three weeks ago also said negative. My husband thinks I'm nuts. I think I'm nuts sometimes. But I just know that I'm pregnant. It's getting very hard to write off the kicks and my growing belly. I'm waiting on an ultrasound this Friday for confirmation.

Has this happened to anyone else? I just need people to talk to who have gone through something like this. My husband refuses to talk about it until we have proof and even my friends are wary about it. It's so frustrating and I feel like I'm floating out in limbo. :shrug:

Though I have not personally ever been through this I do believe all things are possible I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please be sure to come back and update the thread so we know what you found out! FX

Though I have not personally ever been through this I do believe all things are possible I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please be sure to come back and update the thread so we know what you found out! FX

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers! I had an ultrasound this morning and I'm not pregnant. I have PCOS so it's probably my cysts causing some of the hormonal craziness but I'm waiting to see my doctor for follow-up. I've read that it IS possible for women with PCOS to have issues with false negatives but it wasn't the case this time.

I'm actually super relieved to be honest! We aren't quite ready to be pregnant. :)

Thanks for the update! It is crazy how PCOS can affect our bodies!!! Good luck with everything in the future!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->