Conflicting opk results?

redlemonade

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not temping but am using the clearblue advanced ovulation sticks. I got my flashing smile on cd 12 and 13 and today, cd14, I got the solid smile. As directed by the instructions, I used FMU each time.

Here's the catch! I had some leftover opks from last cycle, they were clearblue digital, but not the advanced kind. I used afternoon urine, hadn't drank too much beforehand and held for about 3 hours (which I had done with previous cycles) and I got no smile!

What the heck is up with that? Have I ovulated already?

Another interesting thing I noticed is that, when I've used the non advanced kind, I could always make out the lines when I looked at the stick. Like, before ovulation there would only be 1 line and some mess of blue beside it (don't know how else to describe it but definitely only 1 line!). But with the advanced kind this morning, it did NOT look like there were 2 clear lines! There was 1 line and some blue mess. So I don't understand why I got the solid smile??

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? I'm kind of scared that I haven't done enough this month and that I may have already ovulated. We only BDed cd7, cd10 and cd12. We had planned on it yesterday but we both worked long days until 11pm and were exhausted :( We'll defo BD tonight and for 2-3 more nights after that but now I'm all confused.

I have recently given up temping, now I'm just going to give up opks too if this cycle doesn't end in a BFP. I really hope someone can help and thanks in advance :)

Hi Hun did u take the 2 different type OPKs at the same time of the day? X

No different times of day. The advanced test was in morning and the regular digital test was at 2pm. I hope my surge isn't already over? :( I'm afraid I've missed the boat this month with little BDing so far. Gah!

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I'd say if u had positive in the morning and a negative later I'd say that was your surge but that doesn't mean you've missed the boat because your surge is before you ovulate so you get a surge of Lh then a day or so later you actually ovulate. So if you bd tonight then you could definitely still be in with a chance xx

Thanks! Usually my surge is, or appears to be, longer than that though, that's why I was confused. I figured maybe there was different sensitivity or something.

I use these as well.. I didn't get a smiley face i think because I reused the same one that I already got a positive on before( read this can give you the wrong face if receiving a positive before). But in the directions it states that you can't tell anything by the lines on the stick after removal. I always see the lines as well.. so because of this I never really read much into it. Good luck hope you caught that little egg!

Thanks Akayj! How do you mean you reused the same one you got a positive on before? Sorry, little confused.

Yeah, I read that I shouldn't read too much in to the lines. I'm starting to think I should just give up on opks. I'm starting to think I should give up altogether. I was very late home from work and DH was tired - he gets up early for work, so no BD tonight and I'm really frustrated now :(

You know the thing that gives you the smiley that you eject the stick from I don't think that you can use it after a positive (smiley) not the advance ones just the regular ones. Sorry I know I'm no help lol.
How long have you been ttc?

You know the thing that gives you the smiley that you eject the stick from I don't think that you can use it after a positive (smiley) not the advance ones just the regular ones. Sorry I know I'm no help lol.
How long have you been ttc?

You can definitely re-use the regular ones. I use cheapie OPKs and when they look positive I confirm my surge with the smileys. That way I only use one or two sticks a month which is great because they are expensive!

Thanks Akayj! You're very helpful, thanks so much! We've been TTC for 5 cycles now. How about you?

Thanks LisK! Get this...I did another regular digital test today and got a smilie!!! Woo hoo!! We missed BDing last night because I got delayed at work and DH was ready for bed when I got home. But I'm home early today and am ready to pounce on him the minute he gets home, LOL!!

Thanks for all your help guys. I think I understand why the solid smile appeared on the advanced test a day before the regular test - it tests for more than just LH so it gives you advanced warning of ovulation. Shame we missed BDing last night but hey ho. I'm trying to remain positive!

We have been trying for 6 months lol! Not sure how my cycles lol!

Doesn't feel like it but then again I wouldn't know what it feels like. I keep positive until the :witch: makes an appearance haha.

I started last cycle using the Clearblue advanced OPK myself. When I got my peak I clearly noticed on the stick the very solid lines versuses the other tests I had taken leading to that, where they were quite faint or nothing at all. The first day I got my peak I felt cramping, but FF says I didn't ovulate until 2 days after. This is all so confusing if you ask me, I wish making a baby was easy lol at times I feel like I'm in science class!

I started last cycle using the Clearblue advanced OPK myself. When I got my peak I clearly noticed on the stick the very solid lines versuses the other tests I had taken leading to that, where they were quite faint or nothing at all. The first day I got my peak I felt cramping, but FF says I didn't ovulate until 2 days after. This is all so confusing if you ask me, I wish making a baby was easy lol at times I feel like I'm in science class!

OMG yes, it's like science class alright! I always notice pains before ovulation though, I think it's the egg growing :) Best of luck to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->