Conflicting OPKs?

smurphy90

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having a VERY long cycle (CD 145) and am having some OPK confusion.

I wasn't anticipating ovulation anytime soon. However, I had my first RE appointment yesterday and when she did the ultrasound I had a nice 17mm follicle on one side. She said that if I hadn't ovulated very recently, she would expect me to in the next day or two. When I got home I took three different kinds of OPKs (just because I had them and was very curious to see how different they might be.) The two internet cheapies that I have were both very positive. However the Clear Blue Digital that I have was negative (blank circle.) I have previously gotten a false positive on one of the IC brands (blue) but never on the other, and the false one that I had was barely positive. The ones yesterday were very clearly darker.

Just to be sure, I follow CB's instructions and tested with FMU today, but it was also negative (I didn't do the ICs yet today.)

Anyone have any input? I have PCOS and I don't ovulate regularly, but I do ovulate on my own. My problem is the follicle growth, not my releasing the egg, as far as I know.

Thanks!

Attaching the IC OPK photos.

Attachments

• Aug21-4pm.jpg
    Aug21-4pm.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 15
Is the sensetivity lower on ic or clear blue if ic are ultra sensetive will pick up surg faster say maybe 4 days were as clear blue might only pick up 2 days before sortav thing x

The CBD are apparently less sensitive. I can't remember what the ICs were but it was 20-30miu I think. I just read somewhere that CBD are 40miu.

I've never had such a strong positive before, and I've never had a positive on the one brand of IC. It was really dark on Monday, but when I did the tests on Tuesday it was lighter. Still distinctly positive, but lighter. I really wonder if I've ovulated at all, or if my body was just trying to. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->