confused about a possible implantation bleed - advice needed

angel_tricks

Reaction score
Hello all - I am new here and hoping that you can help as I am baffled.
I had a miscarriage in January. However, just before I got my BFP I had implantation bleeding. It was pretty unmistakable. A light brown spotting, intermittantly over two days.

Well over the last two days I have had the same thing. I have never had this before apart from when I feel pregnant in January. Very similar - one day of intermittant brown spotting - very light, just a little when wiping (TMI) and then it stopped completely to be followed by some clear discharge with a streak of pinky blood through it. this then completely cleared up.

However, today (three days after the very first bit of spotting) the pregnancy test has come up negative.

I would have thought if this is implantation bleeding (which stopped as of last night) then today I would have got a positive?

Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on this?

Perhaps it was infact just a bizarre random spotting....

your thoughts are much appreciated.

x x

Laura

Sounds promising, but it may still be too early (and thus hcg still low) to get a good test reading. Wait two days (allow hcg to double) and then test again.

Good luck!

Could still be too early to test, the bleeding only stopped yesterday, so give it another day or two! Good Luck and sorry for your loss :hugs:

Hi there, I had something similar a couple of weeks ago (however mine occurred mid-cycle I think as my cycles have become irregular since having a miscarriage in late Jan) I had brownish discharge only when wiping, with intermittent clear discharge with pinkish/reddish tinges (also lasted a couple of days). I had never experienced this before but mentioned to the nurse as I had a cervical smear booked when this occurred and she said it can be caused by increased hormonal activity. She also said that my body might not have physically recovered from the miscarriage. However saying that yours could still be implantation bleeding and the HCG levels are not high enough to be detected so giving you a BFN - probably best to test again in a few days if AF hasn't arrived. Wishing you luck for a BFP! xx

Hi there, I had something similar a couple of weeks ago (however mine occurred mid-cycle I think as my cycles have become irregular since having a miscarriage in late Jan) I had brownish discharge only when wiping, with intermittent clear discharge with pinkish/reddish tinges (also lasted a couple of days). I had never experienced this before but mentioned to the nurse as I had a cervical smear booked when this occurred and she said it can be caused by increased hormonal activity. She also said that my body might not have physically recovered from the miscarriage. However saying that yours could still be implantation bleeding and the HCG levels are not high enough to be detected so giving you a BFN - probably best to test again in a few days if AF hasn't arrived. Wishing you luck for a BFP! xx

Hi! Yes that sounds exactly like me, and my miscarriage was also January. My periods have been slightly different since. In all honesty I think it is doubtful this is a pregnancy because my breasts are not tender - and they were very sore last time I had an implantation bleed. :wacko:
I had a small amount of pale pink on the tissue again last night but after one wipe it had gone. To be sure, I might test again in a week. I feel like I am cramping and yesterday my back was stabby.
Hormones are a pain :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->