confused about movement :s please help!

tinkerbella88

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I am nearly 20 weeks pregnant, in 2 days, and I'm really confused about the movement of my baby. I keep having little like popping sensations in different areas down below, sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right, and sometimes it really does feel like little kicks. I don't feel them all the time and last sunday I was really worried as I hadn't felt them for a few days, around 10, so I went to the hospital a&e. The lady told me ther that the baby is still really small and I probably would feel anything until like 24 weeks, this has just confused me as my friend who is a week behind me feels hers move all the time :s also I've read on the internet that some ppl feel it move from 16 weeks. She told me that the feelings I've been having is most likely to be wind, this did upset me abit, is this true as I really want it to be the baby :(

Please help xxxx

It very well could be the baby, but the fact that he or she is still so small is why you aren't feeling it consistently yet. He might move just a little, and you won't be able to feel his kicks, whereas yesterday maybe he was in a position where you could. It is not uncommon to feel movement earlier than 24 weeks--I've been feeling my twins since about 16 weeks. I feel general movement sensations quite often, actual kicks, less so. The kicks especially have not always been consistent...still aren't. It's not until 24 weeks or so when you should be able to kick count and feel consistent movement--and before that, don't be worried. I have a friend who is 3 days behind me who hasn't felt a thing. People are different, bodies are different, babies are different.

Do you notice any increase when you eat or drink certain things? That is one way I have always been able to get my babies moving--eating something, especially something sweet, or having a little caffeine.

depends on babys positioning too. I would take the MWs advice though, its quite normal to not feel much until closer to 25 weeks. Im not feeling anything with this LO yet, and with my first, I didnt feel flutters until about 18 weeks.

Have you had your 20 week scan yet ? I wouldn't be surprised if you found out that you have an anterior placenta like I did. I don't think I do any more though, as my baby is always kicking and punching away now ! I didn't feel 'proper' kicks til I was 21 weeks. Up to then, it was just little movements like you have described. Everybody is different and every baby is unique, so maybe you just have a quiet baby in there. :) :flower: x

The way you describe it is exactly what I am feeling. I am pretty sure it is the baby as I never get trapped wind in the areas or as "gently" as these little popping sensations.

I have tried poking gently to see if I can get a reaction from the baby but nothing! I just get these little pops every so often and not all the time. I definitely think this is the beginnings of baby movements - its just so hard when you haven't felt it before!

Good luck- hope you feel some big kicks soon!
:hugs:

Sounds like baby to me! Some people feel kicks REALLY early, I felt movement at 13 weeks and you could feel kicks from the outside (tiny as they were) at 16 weeks :shock: xx

It very well could be the baby, but the fact that he or she is still so small is why you aren't feeling it consistently yet. He might move just a little, and you won't be able to feel his kicks, whereas yesterday maybe he was in a position where you could. It is not uncommon to feel movement earlier than 24 weeks--I've been feeling my twins since about 16 weeks. I feel general movement sensations quite often, actual kicks, less so. The kicks especially have not always been consistent...still aren't. It's not until 24 weeks or so when you should be able to kick count and feel consistent movement--and before that, don't be worried. I have a friend who is 3 days behind me who hasn't felt a thing. People are different, bodies are different, babies are different.

Do you notice any increase when you eat or drink certain things? That is one way I have always been able to get my babies moving--eating something, especially something sweet, or having a little caffeine.

Ahhh thank u for ur response. I have been told that it depends on what position the baby is lying in so hopefully that's y I cnt feel it all the time. Ahh as if u are having twins, that's so nice. Hav u thought of any names? Yeah I do notice a difference actuallu :) my mom told me to drink a glass of ice cold water if I want to feel he or she move, that's what she used to do. I might go and have some haribos now, I have some in the cupboard hehe xx

depends on babys positioning too. I would take the MWs advice though, its quite normal to not feel much until closer to 25 weeks. Im not feeling anything with this LO yet, and with my first, I didnt feel flutters until about 18 weeks.

What flutters did u feel? What were they like? I do think that this is the baby as I know its gross, if it was trapped wind then how come no pump follows lol?
How far gone are u now? Xx

Have you had your 20 week scan yet ? I wouldn't be surprised if you found out that you have an anterior placenta like I did. I don't think I do any more though, as my baby is always kicking and punching away now ! I didn't feel 'proper' kicks til I was 21 weeks. Up to then, it was just little movements like you have described. Everybody is different and every baby is unique, so maybe you just have a quiet baby in there. :) :flower: x

I haven't had it yet, I've got it on tuesday. I'm so so excited and I cnt wait to see my little babba again :) what's a anterior placenta? Is that wen its at the front of the baby? How far gone are u now? I cnt wait til I can feel proper kicks, I can feel pops and sometimes they r stronger than normal, but sometimes I can feel lots of them like its changing positions. So cute. Hopefully my baby likes to sleep lol! Thank u for ur reply xxx

Yay for this thread. I was coming on to post something similar. I haven't felt anything in about a week and I was getting a little worried. I didn't feel anything until way later last time around but this time, because I felt it so early, i thought i would then feel it consistently but i haven't :/. I also couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler but i know how little that means!

Was almost ready to ring my doctor just to see but i don't want them to think I'm silly...

The way you describe it is exactly what I am feeling. I am pretty sure it is the baby as I never get trapped wind in the areas or as "gently" as these little popping sensations.

I have tried poking gently to see if I can get a reaction from the baby but nothing! I just get these little pops every so often and not all the time. I definitely think this is the beginnings of baby movements - its just so hard when you haven't felt it before!

Good luck- hope you feel some big kicks soon!
:hugs:

I think that what we are feeling is out babys :) I never get trapped wind either, and after I've had the feeling I wait for the wind to come out, lol, but it doesn't. And I know what the feeling of trapped wind is like as I suffered from it quite a lot during the first few months and it doesn't feel the same at all. I know! When u haven't felt it before its hard to distinguish it! It just feels like something I've never felt before so that's what makes me think its the babba.
How far gone are u?
I hope I feel them too! And u! :D xx

if it helps there is a video on here of someone from 19 weeks seeing movement from the outside so it is possible and i can certainly feel little rumbles low down from time to time and i know its defo not wind xxx

Sounds like baby to me! Some people feel kicks REALLY early, I felt movement at 13 weeks and you could feel kicks from the outside (tiny as they were) at 16 weeks :shock: xx

Yayyy :) I hope it is! Its such a nice feeling! I have been feeling these little pops until like 18 weeks. When I'm lying in bed I can feel them most and in the bath. Wow! I sometimes feel it and try to put my hand on my belly but I couldn't feel it :( when do u start to feel them from the outside properly? Ahh u must hav a strong baby :) xxx

if it helps there is a video on here of someone from 19 weeks seeing movement from the outside so it is possible and i can certainly feel little rumbles low down from time to time and i know its defo not wind xxx

Ahhh I'd love to see that video, bet its soooo cute! How do I get to see it? Thank u :) yeah that's what its like too, little rumbles like loads of popping! That's what I'm like, I deffo no its not wind xx

Yay for this thread. I was coming on to post something similar. I haven't felt anything in about a week and I was getting a little worried. I didn't feel anything until way later last time around but this time, because I felt it so early, i thought i would then feel it consistently but i haven't :/. I also couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler but i know how little that means!

Was almost ready to ring my doctor just to see but i don't want them to think I'm silly...

Nooooo don't feel silly! I have been feeling exactly the same. I can go days sometimes without feeling anything, then I feel quite a bit. I actually went to the hospital cus I was so worried and cus it was the bank holiday they cudnt giv me an ultrasound ther and then, but they said they could book me, but she did say that ther was nothin to worry about and some ppl don't feel anything at all until 24 weeks.

I was also going to get a doppler from the shop but I was too scared of not finding the heartbeat, even tho I have been tld that happens all the time. My midwife wasn't going to let me hear the heartbeat at my app cus she said they dnt like to do it anymore as sometimes they cnt find the heartbeat.

If ur worried then don't feel silly, they wud rather u not be stressed over ur baby and take 10 mins to check just to put ut mind at rest. Even tho I'm sure ur just like me xx I just think its so stressful being pregnant cus u are constantly wondering.

there are also loads of videos on youtube of other girls and their baby kicks. I could spend hours watching them lol. it's nice to see what you'll get to experience in the coming weeks/months.

What flutters did u feel? What were they like? I do think that this is the baby as I know its gross, if it was trapped wind then how come no pump follows lol?
How far gone are u now? Xx

It felt like a fish swimming in my stomach! The trapped wind feeling could be cos your organs are moving. I got loads of phantom kicks after i had amelie cos all your organs move and you feel gassy feelings in new areas haha. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->