• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Confused about my short lh surge whilst waiting to do natural FET

louise31

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Looking for advice and support. I have had to have 2 day 5 blastocysts frozen from and IVF / ICSI cycle back in October due to them finding a polyp in my womb part way through the cycle. I had the polyp removed in order to proceed with frozen enmbryo transfer. I saw the consultant regarding the best way forward and he explained that as my cycles are fairly regular 26 - 35 days I could opt for either a natural or medicated FET. myself and my DH agreed that we would like to try natural, but weren't really aware of how much responsibility would be on us to identify the optimal time for placing the embryo back. We received no scans or bloods taken to monitor progress through the cycle. As advised by the hospital I purchased clearblue digi opks and began testing on day 8. I tested twice a day as I had read on the internet that the LH hormone is not always detected with first morning urine. I really did not want to miss my surge and was determined to catch it should it arrive. I tested right up to CD18 and got negative (on the verge of giving up!) CD 19 which was last Friday I tested first thing in the morning and got a negative, 2.30pm and got a negative and something made me test in the evening - I just felt like something was happening. Sure enough I got a definite positive on clearblue. It was too late to contact the hospital so I called first thing in the morning. I spoke with the nurse at the clinic who was immediately negative and mentioned that patients are only advised to test in the morning. She asked if I had tested that morning which I had, but unfortunately it was a negative. She said based upon the shortness of my surge they probably would be unlikely to proceed with embryo transfer. She said she would speak with the consultant today (monday) and get back to me. She contacted me on monday morning and explained that she had spoke to the consultant who agreed that they would prefer not to go ahead with ET this cycle. I asked them to get the consultant to contact me as I was quite frustrated and upset about it. The consultant contacted me and reiterrated that they could not be sure that I had ovulated due to the shortness of my LH surge this cycle and that my hormone levels may not sustain an embryo. She advised that she did not think it would be the optimal time and as I have only 2 embryos to seriously think about whether I want to risk it. I asked if they would scan me to confirm ovulation but they don't do that. She said based on my cycle lengths she would have advised to do a medicated cycle rather than natural. I am soooooo confused... She has left the decision to us and said she can only advise and ultimately the final decision is down to us. If we were to go ahead this cycle ET would be Thursday, but she has really made me doubt things!! She kept referring to the physiology of things and the text book. I said that if I functioned 'normally' I wouldn;t be seeking fertility help!! I really wanted to avoid a medicated cycle if I could as I feel my problem is hormones and I thought my cycles were quite regular. Seems drastic to take more meds but that road seems inevitable at the minute!! I have to let them have a decision for this cycle tomorrow - please could any of you advise on what you would do. Thanks everyone xx

Just my opinion bc I also wanted to do unmedicated iui (I know different procedure just wanting to put advice out there) because some have made me crazy emotionally but when talking to doctor if I am deciding to go through all of this im going to give me body the best chance it can. So we decided on femera/triggger shot/ progesterone suppositories. He did want to put me on another medication to delay ovulation a week bc it was going to fall on new years eve but I opted to just wait for next cycle. Just don't want to put anything in my body just for the sake I've I'm being impatient . It will happen one of these days! Hope this helped :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"