confused about my spotting/progesterone HELP!

AshleyButters

Mama to 4
Reaction score
I have been TTC for 6 cycles (this next cycle makes 6). I got pregnant on cycle 1, which ended in a miscarriage (chemical pregnancy).

I had my progesterone levels drawn on CD21 last month and it was 11.38. This is a normal value for my doctor.

But I don't ovulate until around CD16....but I ALWAYS have spotting about 10 days later.

Why is my progesterone level normal? And how can I get a progesterone prescription if my level is "normal" Something just is not right and I dont know what to do. Help anybody have any ideas what is going on?

I dont know much about this so I'm not sure how much I can help. :(

What are you worried about exactly? I'm not sure if I understand why you are concerned.

I do know that for me, when I got pregnant with an ectopic, my progesterone was only a .9 and when I had a chemical, it was only an 8. So, really, your progesterone levels sound good to me and if the docs say it is normal then I'm not sure what your concern is? (I hope Im not coming off as rude, I just really dont know!) I have just started progesterone supplements for my TWW but thats really because my progesterone seems to be very low for that part of my cycle.

Also, I wouldn't be concerned about something being "not right" quite yet. If you always spot at 10DPO then that probably just means that you didn't get pregnant this cycle. And it gives you something to notice for when you do get pregnant. You just have to remember that for most couples, it can take up to a year to fall pregnant with a healthy pregnancy and miscarriages occur in about 60% of them. And your chances of falling pregnant each month is only 20%. You got lucky and fell pregnant on your first try and unfortunately it ended in miscarriage which is extremely common.

But, all of that tells me that you have the capacity to be pregnant and that you will fall pregnant again. I mean, for me, my ectopic was my first time getting pregnant and it took 16 months for that to happen the first time! So, if you got pregnant the first month, then I think you'll do it again very soon. :)

I dont know much about this so I'm not sure how much I can help. :(

What are you worried about exactly? I'm not sure if I understand why you are concerned.

I do know that for me, when I got pregnant with an ectopic, my progesterone was only a .9 and when I had a chemical, it was only an 8. So, really, your progesterone levels sound good to me and if the docs say it is normal then I'm not sure what your concern is? (I hope Im not coming off as rude, I just really dont know!) I have just started progesterone supplements for my TWW but thats really because my progesterone seems to be very low for that part of my cycle.

Also, I wouldn't be concerned about something being "not right" quite yet. If you always spot at 10DPO then that probably just means that you didn't get pregnant this cycle. And it gives you something to notice for when you do get pregnant. You just have to remember that for most couples, it can take up to a year to fall pregnant with a healthy pregnancy and miscarriages occur in about 60% of them. And your chances of falling pregnant each month is only 20%. You got lucky and fell pregnant on your first try and unfortunately it ended in miscarriage which is extremely common.

But, all of that tells me that you have the capacity to be pregnant and that you will fall pregnant again. I mean, for me, my ectopic was my first time getting pregnant and it took 16 months for that to happen the first time! So, if you got pregnant the first month, then I think you'll do it again very soon. :)

:hugs: and thank you BeeBee! I guess I am wondering why, if my progesterone levels are normal, then why do I still have spotting at about 10DPO. I know that spotting before AF is usually low progesterone, but I know it could be for other reasons.

I guess I am just concerned, because, I had normal periods before I had a mirena IUD placed. I got that removed 3 YEARS ago, and my periods have always been wonky since I removed it. (well wonky as in I spot before every AF now. AF is still pretty regular, I average about 30 cycle days.)

Thank you for caring enough to write such a long response :) :hugs:

I think I am just getting discouraged because my first 2 children were actually surprises!

Definitely don't get discouraged! As I said, when planning TTC, it can take up to a year. When you aren't planning, of course it seems like it happens easily :p But you also have to remember all the other months that you did not get pregnant hahaha.

Hmmm, as far as if spotting is a sign of low progesterone, I am not sure. That's not something I know a whole lot about. I also had normal periods before I went on BC but now that I have stopped taking BC, they are terrible. But mostly, its due to PCOS (which is also a result of going off of BC).

I wonder, how long is your LP anyway?

I'm in the same boat Ashley. My levels have always been normal but I also have mid cycle spotting every month. The doctors have yet to figure out why and they're not really concerned. Good news is that I was able to get pregnant even with all the craziness and the doctors have told me many times that it was not the cause of the miscarriage.

Although I don't know what to tell you as far as what's causing it at least you know that there is hope and you are not alone.

Definitely don't get discouraged! As I said, when planning TTC, it can take up to a year. When you aren't planning, of course it seems like it happens easily :p But you also have to remember all the other months that you did not get pregnant hahaha.

Hmmm, as far as if spotting is a sign of low progesterone, I am not sure. That's not something I know a whole lot about. I also had normal periods before I went on BC but now that I have stopped taking BC, they are terrible. But mostly, its due to PCOS (which is also a result of going off of BC).

I wonder, how long is your LP anyway?

:hugs: Well my LP, I am not really sure of. If I count DPO to spotting its only about 10. But if we count DPO to my actual full flow AF its........ummmm.... I usually ovulate on CD16, and I have a 30 day cycle.

I'm in the same boat Ashley. My levels have always been normal but I also have mid cycle spotting every month. The doctors have yet to figure out why and they're not really concerned. Good news is that I was able to get pregnant even with all the craziness and the doctors have told me many times that it was not the cause of the miscarriage.

Although I don't know what to tell you as far as what's causing it at least you know that there is hope and you are not alone.

Thank you! I am glad I am not alone! Because it seems like everybody who spots has low progesterone, then they get progesterone supplements! I have 2 children and never had a problem TTC them lol But mine is unexplained and its frusterating!!!!

Yeah you count LP from ovulation to full flow/AF. So, sounds like you have a 14 day LP which is great actually! My LP is 12 days, so you have a few more than me to implant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->