Confused about ovulation. Doc says am not ovulating.home sticks say i am. Help please

molliecollie

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a day 21 blood test done 8th march 2014. I thought my fertile days were from feb 26th 2014 to march 3rd 2014.

I then went for day 21 bloods on 8th march 2014 and was told not ovulating. I have been reffered to infertility at the local hospital as doc says nothing else they can do.

I had slight brown mucus discharge on 11th march 2014 and 12th march 2014. I have not had a proper period since. Done pregnancy test and negative.

I have decided to do some home ovulation test kits they are showing that i am ovulating todays is darker than yesterday.

Whats confusing me is that the bloods say i want ovulating but test strips say i am.

So do i belive bloods or test strips? Please help

I had a missed miscarriage in january. Found out i was pregnant december 2013. Concieved in october 2013

believe the bloods imo. the bloods look at the hormones while opks only look at the LH. your body produces LH anyway, and you can sometimes have an LH surge without actually ovulating.
sorry. I hope it was just an anovulatory cycle for you and that this month things are different.

good luck

thank you for your reply destiny08.

I have used ovulation sticks at home before and always been hit and miss some months positive some always negative. When i got pregnant in october i was monitoring fertile days and got pregnant and i am hoping its the same this time.

I am not getting my hopes up as been trying for 2 yrs and only fell pregnant last october, but i really hope this is me ovulating again. I do no ovulation can happen early or late or not every month i just hope last month was an off month.

Thank you again for replying

Hi hun i'd beleive the doc. Opk only pick up a lh surge and true u might not actually ovulate. but try not to worry as nw that thy'v referred you i'm sure thy'l help & hopefully gv u something to get you ovulating. I had same prob wen trying for my first bloids showed i was ovulating but levels were extremely low so thy put me on clomid & i did conceive. X

The 21 day bloods were done well before the positive OPK... perhaps you didn't ovulate when you thought, and ovulated later?

thanks for your replies.

Mom2sam how long did it take you to concieve on clomid? i am a bit worried bout the appointment as its 1st one and not sure what to expect.

wtbam i am thinking maybe i ovulated later. I just dont no.

Hopefully i will recieve a letter from the hospital soon and will be told what going on. I got the feeling my doctor didnt really no. xx

The 21 day bloods were done well before the positive OPK... perhaps you didn't ovulate when you thought, and ovulated later?

^ Exactly this, bloods are no use whatsoever, unless you know exactly when your supposed to Ovulate... MY gp sent me for 21 days tests a long while back, and I tried to explain to her how my cycles weren't 28 days etc... she told me regardless to go on day 21, thankfully I ignored her, and went when I knew I should be ovulating, to which the blood test confirmed I was... She'd recommended I went 8 days prior, which would have shown Zip....

I'd def use OPK for a couple of months, and make a chart, t hen go back to your GP with it :):) x

thanks for your replies.

Mom2sam how long did it take you to concieve on clomid? i am a bit worried bout the appointment as its 1st one and not sure what to expect.

wtbam i am thinking maybe i ovulated later. I just dont no.

Hopefully i will recieve a letter from the hospital soon and will be told what going on. I got the feeling my doctor didnt really no. xx

Hi 11 months but i didnt knw it dries up cm so conceivd cycle i used preseed but like everyone saying maybe u ovulated later or might hv been an anuovulatry month i thnk if nothing happens might help to go bk & let thm look into it altho hoping everything wrks out for u before that x

thanks claire 788. I have tried several times to explain to my doc that my periods are irregular but she dont seem to listen.

My previous doctor was the same.(i moved so changed docs). My previous doc had me going every month for 9months to have day 21 bloods and each time i was told all was ok.

New docs did the same even tho i told them that i would go every 28 days for a few months then nothing for a couple months. They just dont seem to listen and i cant get through to them.
I went a week ago to be told no ovulation so referring me to hospital as nothing more she can do. So now i have to wait for an appointment to come through XX

the only other way to tell is to chart,
use opks and temp every month and if you get your temp rise and it stays up it will confirm O
even if you get temp rises though doesnt mean your egg is good it could be weak
my cousin was temping and charting etc got pos opks and temp rises and nothing went to dr got clomid second month on them got pregnant, they said she had weak eggs, she was 33 .
i suspect i have same thing i am 31 been charting since may 2012, thought id try soy iso used them in sept got BFP but ended at 10 weeks was a blightd ovum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"