confused about Ovulation

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Babybaba, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Babybaba

Babybaba Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!!!

im on CD11

my cycle is a bit out of sorts at the moment, as i just stopped BC a few weeks ago now, im gonna say my cycle can range from 26 days -31 days...

so i've been using OPKs from cycle day 6 just in case...

on Sunday (cd9) i got a positive OPK and swear i felt some sort of ovulation pain in my right ovary late Monday AM, it actually woke me up!! i went and did another opk (this was about 2am) and positive...,)

so hubby and i DTD monday at midday and monday 11.30pm....hope we've caught the egg...would it even be there if i got a positive opk the day before?
    i felt my CM this afternoon and did an opk, opk = negative, but CM is stretchy ewcm!eeeek!! does this mean i've ovulated already? or am i ovulating now..

i finish work at 4!!! im going straight home to DTD before going to a kids birthday party!! muahhaa...

im so excited!!!

so when do you think i ovulated? or when will i ovulate...ohh i hope i catch the egg and have a sticky bean....after some miscarriages over the years with unplanned pregnancies whilst on the pill..im hoping now that we are finally ttc that we will have a healthy pregnancy...well gotta get pregnant first..

also when do i start counting dpo? do you count the day of ovulation as 1dpo, or wait until the next day..i guess since im guessing when my O is, i can er on the safe side....so i'll wait until tomorrow and count that as 1dpo? what do you reckon..im looking forward to the 2ww...well i say that now..hahaha

but fingers crossed and baby dust and love to all!!
    xoxoxoo

ps...i accidentally put this tread in the waiting to try section!!! just started a new one over here...sorry!!!

2. spencerspiece

spencerspiece Well-Known Member

i would wait until tomorrow and count that as 1DPO...its a case of trial and error until you know your cycle...i don't know mine so i OPKed this month and im CD10 today and just starting to get possative OPKS....good luck on your journey

3. Babybaba

Babybaba Well-Known Member

Aww thanks Hun, I didn't expect to get a pos opk so soon into the cycle, but as I'm unsure how long my cycles actually are I thought i'd start testing early, I'm glad I did otherwise I woulda missed it!!!

Oh my goodness I'm just too excited!! Lol
    wish we didn't have to go through this tho, I'm gonna be a nervous wreck the next few weeks!!!
    I've texted hubby and told him to get ready for some lovin when I get home! Lol!
    He's excited! Hahaha!!

Xoxo

4. ao30

ao30 Well-Known Member

If you're charting your BBT, then you would normally see a rise in temp for three days following OV. The day before the first rise is the day you OV. It's pretty easy (usually) to pinpoint on a graph if you chart (using something like Fertility Friend online).

Best of luck :)