Confused about strange period while TTC #2

BeachgalNY

Reaction score
In the last year, most of my periods have started with 3 to 4 days of spotting, followed by 4 to 5 days of actual flow. When the flow is over, it's over. Usually, this all adds up to approximately 7 to 9 days. I started spotting the day before we heard that my sister-in-law had unexpectedly died. I ended up spotting for seven days, followed by five days of flow, followed by more spotting. It's added up to two weeks. I understand that stress can affect your flow, but this seems exceptionally strange.

Even more confusing, today was the first day of absolutely no spotting, and when I checked my CM, it was egg white with a three-quarter inch stretch. I have no clue what part of my cycle I'm in at this point! Should we be trying? I'm taking my temp and using an ovulation monitor, but it's my first month using the monitor (I was traveling last month when my period came), so who knows how accurate it is.

I'm lost! Any tips?

Hello....So sorry to hear about the loss of your sister in law :(

I don't have much advice, but I am in a similar situation with my AF ever since I had my DD 2.5 years ago. The cycles are very weird now and I am also getting EWCM seemingly right after I stop bleeding. We've been trying for a few months and nothing yet, but your best bet is to start BD'ing right after you stop bleeding, basically up until day 20 lol just to make sure you have all your bases covered. I use OPK's so you could try those too to get a better indication of when you are ovulating. Good luck!

Thanks, Sara! Sorry to hear your flow has been weird, too, but glad to know I'm not the only one. Great advice, BTW!

Which OPK do you use? I have the Clearblue Easy. It's still marking me as low, but it's only done five days of testing, and it's my first month using it.

By the way, my little guy is just about a month older than your little one! Hopefully they'll both have siblings on the way soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"