Confused about what to do for birth

Discussion in 'Labour & Birth' started by sky2012, Feb 19, 2021.

1. sky2012

sky2012 Active Member

Hi, so I’m 35weeks (baby 3) pregnant and need to do this birth plan but I’m so confused. With my first I had a c-section as he was breach and the second I went for vbac but was assisted delivery and had episiotomy and blood transfusion. I found the vbac such a horrible experience and the recovery was long and awful too. This has put me off going for a natural birth this time but the hospital are all for it and think it will be easier for me this time. Really confused as to what to do, anyone have any advice or share any experience to help me please? Thanks in advance x

2. LoneWanderer

LoneWanderer Well-Known Member

Honestly I seem to be in the minority on these forums, but I have no desire for the VBAC whatsoever, my first section (planned after failed induction) was such a lovely experience, really calm and fast, and though recovery was a bit rubbish I was happily on my feet and basically back to normal a week later. So I am really looking forward to going for the section this second time around.

But you'll know best what it is that you want and how you want your delivery to be. I had to really push for my first section, I was very firm with them and eventually they let me sign the forms and go for it. If you want the VBAC, they will obviously help you - but make sure they don't push you into something that you know isnt for you. If you want the op, tell them that.

Good luck either way!!

sky2012 likes this.
  3. sky2012

sky2012 Active Member

thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it! I do feel they want me to try for a natural and sometimes when people talk they make out as if your less of a woman if you haven’t given birth naturally! My experience with the c section was same as yours. Only thing stopping me from c-section would be that I have 2 other kids to look after aswell the newborn so may be tricky but then again if I have an episiotomy again I’m in the same boat! Lots of thinking and weighing my pros and cons I know . Hope your pregnancy is going well and your section goes smoothly for you x

LoneWanderer likes this.
  4. Gemble

Gemble Well-Known Member

Hello!

I had an emergency csection the first time round, 2nd time I REALLY wanted a natural birth but again it didn't happen so had a csection. 2nd csection was such a nice experience, I'm not even going to stress myself out thinking about it. I'm booking another cesarean but if anything happens before hand I'll give it a whirl:haha: I spent so long stressing last time because I wanted to do it naturally. This time I really don't care as long as it's out one way or another :flower:

Not much advise or help i know but thats what I'm doing xxx

sky2012 likes this.
  5. sky2012

sky2012 Active Member

Thank you for sharing your experience. I totally agree it doesn’t matter how you have the baby as long as you have a healthy baby at the end of it. Good luck with everything x

Gemble likes this.
  6. Reiko_ctu

Reiko_ctu Cautiously pregnant after 2 losses in 2020

I’ve only ever done natural births but my friend said her 2nd planned c section (first was emergency), both the surgery and recovery were amazing and peaceful. So a planned section would likely be a positive experience.
    I’m not sure another vbac would be better than the 2nd Tbh, my 3rd delivery was quite a bit harder than my 2nd... hoping my 4th is easier than the 3rd!!

sky2012 likes this.