• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Confused after miscarriage

Chickybaby

Reaction score
I have just been through my first miscarriage. Things felt wrong Sunday and was confirmed no HB Monday. I passed everything (I think) yesterday while waiting to be referred to the early pregnancy unit. I'm so confused as to how this happened. My hcg was good, heartbeat was strong and present at 7 and 8 weeks, growth rate was perfect. Baby measured ahead. I had some spotting but have had that with a healthy pregnancy too. I dunno no point dwelling on it as I can't change anything but I just feel empty and lost. I'm so scared of doing this again, blah. No point to this really just had to get some of this out.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost one last fall. There really aren’t many answers anyone can give as to the “whys” in these circumstances. It is a very lonely place to be. I felt a little better after talking to my girlfriends and realizing how many of them had went through the same thing. We were able to talk through our grief. The best cure for me was to focus on TTC immediately after my loss, but everyone is different. I’m now almost 33w and can’t wait to meet my rainbow baby girl.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for your loss but congratulations on your rainbow. I have a few friends and my mum who have been here before but still feels like everyone just wants to ignore it and expects me to get over it. My SIL gave birth the day before too which has been challenging. I'm terrified about TTC again. This is so hard, I know things will get better but I just want to hold my baby

I have no sage words of advice, but I did want to say I am so sorry this happened and that you are going through this. It hurts, and no, you don't just get over it, so I'm sorry it feels your friends are expecting that of you. Anyway, huge :hugs:

Thank you ladies. Such a crappy journey to go on, have had a good few days but several 'so must be time for another baby' comments today have set me back a bit.

I'm also so sick of bleeding. Do frustrating every time it seems to stop I get another round. Minimal now thankfully/hopefully.

One more blood draw Monday to check my hcg has dropped to 0 or near enough. I hope it has, I will never get over this or forget my baby but I want to move on.

I'm thinking about when we should try again. I realise this is s personal decision mostly. Part of me wants to dive back in immediately but another part thinks I should wait to let my body and heart heal. Guess I will keep an eye on my cycle and see how I feel when the time comes.

I hope your blood draw goes well and I hope the bleeding stops soon. Thinking of you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"