• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Confused and frustrated...

Gormana419

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Amanda and my husband and I have been TTC for over a year.

I'm really confused about this months cycle and looking for some insight. Here's the timeline.

Day AF was due- Tested BFP (very light line).

Later that afternoon AF arrived with heavy bleeding along with cramping.

5 days later (just finishing up AF) I saw my doctor as I was still getting BFP (still very light line). I had a blood test done and my HCG levels were 131. The Doctor said that was way too low and that I probably had a chemical pregnancy.

A week after my initial BFP I am still getting a very faint positive. My cycle ended 3 days ago but I also have had abnormal spotting.

Has anyone had anything like this happen? What was the outcome? How long will it take until my HCG levels go down?

I'm so frustrated and want this cycle to be over so I can start trying again.

Hi hun, it does look like its a chemical and I'm sorry for your loss :hugs: It may just be that your hcg is hanging around - it can take up to 3 weeks to return to normal level. Chemicals would usually see hcg return to normal more quickly though since the level didn't have time to get very high.

If you continue to have spotting and positive isn't getting lighter over next few days, or pain, or if that positive looks to be getting darker, I would ask for a scan to check you don't have an ectopic pregnancy. I had a normal AF with my ectopic so didn't know about it and ended up pretty poorly. It is not dangerous if caught early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"