Confused and scared about hCG

Guidedbylight

Reaction score
Confused and worried about hCG

Hi all I had an ectopic pregnancy back in August, and I had a BFP 5 days ago 😁 but ever since then I’ve been driving myself mad with pregnancy tests. My LMP was the 24th of December & I had a positive ovulation test on the night of the 7th of January, which I think means I probably ovulated the next day. I had brown/pink spotting on the night of the 19th, which I’m guessing was implantation bleeding and would put it at 11dpo. I then had a faint BFP at 15dpo. I did a ClearBlue Digital test yesterday morning (19dpo) and it only said 1-2 weeks, which means my hCG is under 150 😟 isn’t this really low? I plan on doing another in the morning but I’m terrified it’ll still say 1-2 weeks!!

I found a site for predicting hCG dpo and it actually put my mind at ease a bit as it it doubles every 48 hours, I’d only have a hCG of 80 on Saturday? But then everything I read online goes against this saying their hCG at my stage was much higher!

Has anyone been through this? When did you get 2-3 a ClearBlue? Just really winding myself up😟😟

I force myself to not do anything else cos I ll be comparing the line colour and panicking. Apparently in America, they are not allowed for sale cos they are unreliable so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You really can’t trust the thresholds on those. I never got a 3+ despite being well over the fda reported threshold which is way higher than the stated one

Can you ask your gyn to run serial betas for peace of mind given your history?

Remember that hcg doesn't start being produced until implantation, and your hcg can start at a level of 1.

So it could go like this based on your dates:

19th: Implantation, 1
21st: 2
23rd: 4
25th: 8
27th: 16
Today: ~24

Even if you started with a level of 5 it would look like this:

19th: Implantation, 5
21st: 10
23rd: 20
25th: 40
27th: 80
Today: ~120

So your digital sounds right to me. I got a 1-2 weeks at 17dpo as well and my blood test from the same day showed levels of 408. So they aren't terribly reliable!

Try not to worry and congrats on your pregnancy :)

I would not rely on the digital tests for hcg indicators. I think you should call your dr. because of your previous ectopic.

I have a history of ectopic. Since then when I have been pregnant, I have to get my hcg levels monitored to be sure they are rising correctly. Once high enough, they order an u/s to be sure there's is a sac in the uterus.

Hope this helps and Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"