Confused...combing types of weaning??

fantastica

Mum.
Reaction score
Is it possible to combine both types of weaning?

I ended up giving him baby rice a while ago after being advised by HV...and tbh didn't know much, if anything about BLW before.

Thing is..he seems to want to do it all himself, he tries to use the spoon himself, so he has one to play with at the same time, he wants to give himself his bottle and when I have him a banana to play with he was pretty happy.

On the other hand...he LOVES baby rice and porridge..gets excited when he sees it etc...I know he wouldn't mind if it disappeared..he wouldn't notice..but I feel mean..and I've already bought it and trying to economise!!

Soo..after all that...would it work combining the two? And what kind of foods could I be giving him? I really don't have a clue...and no-one in my house is overly supportive!

Any help?!

There's no reason you can't do a combination. Most of us who BLW give things like porridge for breakfast, we just let LO control the spoon rather than feeding it to them. The rest of the time we do finger foods like cheese on toast etc for lunch and then whatever we're eating for dinner. Last night Aisling had veg lasagne, the night before she had spag bol.

If you want, pop onto the BLW sticky support thread above and have a look :hugs:

My friend does a combo of finger foods (BLW style) and purees and grains (like rice or porridge). Her LO does it just fine that way.

Thanks you :)

I gave him his porridge this morning...but let him use the spoon etc...just kind of helped him at first..he liked it SO much more this way! Think i'll look more into it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->