confused ... dont know what to do...:(:(

nikkell77

Reaction score
hi all...:D

hope you are all well....:D

im looking for a bit of advice have a dilemma...:(

before we got our bfp my husband had booked a romantic wkend away for us to new york in september we have paid our deposits and more so spoke to my doctor about flying while pregnant as i will be 33 wks by then and she has said pregnancy isnt a reason not to fly and you are usually fine to fly up to week 36 depending on how the pregnancy goes but i better check with the airline as sometimes they have a cut off point for flying while pregnant. so phoned our travel agent who has advice us that if we where to cancel we would lose our deposit(£800) and we would have to pay a futher £50 each cancelation fee and to check with the airline we are flying with to check there policy we are flying with continental airline and they say we can fly up to 7 days before due date as long as not showing signs of labour at check in (i could not beleive it:0) so i am so confused about making a decision i just cant justify losing that amount of money but also worried about going incase something happens to me...:(

we never bought the insurance with the holiday as it was only 4 nights we thought just get post office insurance nearer the time not thinking i would get a bfp

i was wondering if any of you ladies have flown abroad at that late a stage in pregnancy or have known anyone im my situation..... my hubby just keeps saying it is up to me what to do if i want to go thats fine if i want to cancel thats fine so not much help....aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggg

sorry for the rant but just so confused ...:(

I know a few ppl that flew and they were fine...one went into labor early lol and she had the baby in Puerto Rico lmao...but EVERYTHING was fine....
you'd be fine...don't cancel...go have fun...
So you feel better...just do a research on the hospitals that are near by where you are going to be...or if you'd like...I live in NY...so let me know where you going to be and I'll do the research for you and everything.

I have a friend who flew right up until the end, and loved it.
And I have to add that I found flying to NY (not pregnant) far more comfortable than I would have expected ;)
Other girls might be able to tell you more about flying at that stage, but have you thought about the cost of changing the names on the tickets? Might be an alternative if a friend or family member wanted to go instead x

hi pretty bonk....:D

thanks for the reply i am just so confused as i couldnt live with myself if i went and something happened i would really love to go as i have always wanted to visit new york a few ppl have said to me you will be fine but just cant stop worrying...

i am staying in manhattan on 30th street ....do you know the names of any hospitals near that area my doctor did say i would have to carry my notes with me if i did decide to go ...

you have made me think abit more positive but going to my scan in 2 wks so im still going to speak to the hospital but i dont want to miss out as when will we get a wkend in ny when we have a wee baba...:L

thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm on it girl...I'm going to start doing the search for you ;)...30th street is pretty long it has lots of cross streets lol... but I will get you some hospitals in Manhattan...yes carry around with all your preggie papers...and if you are going to stay in a hotel they can help you with telling you the hospitals that are near by the hotel as well...I used to work in a hotel as a sales director and I had to know restaurants, hospitals, theaters...everything around the hotel...
And I'm telling you go on your weekend!!!! Have fun!!!!!!

thanks you so much pretty bonk....:D

i think i might be going to the big apple.........:D:D:D:D:D

Yey!!!!
I'll get that info to you tomorrow...
I gotta go to the ER since I am not feeling well at all :(

Hiya, i cant help with the flying in pregnancy but ive got to say ive been to new york and i had the most amazing time. If i had booked a holiday there and would be late on in pregnancy i would still go, you will never go anywere more amazing and i can assure you that you will have a wonderful time if you go.

New York is a great city - and plenty to do depending on how you're feeling.

One thing I would say is that you should get really good insurance, as they obviously don't have the free system there.

I read about a couple who unexpectedly gave birth prematurely while on holiday in the States, and since the LO didn't officially exist for insurance purposes, but had to stay in special care for a few weeks, it cost them a bomb.

Not trying to worry you, but wouldn't want you to go through the same. Have a great time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->