Confused on dates (doing my nut in lol)

cherrished

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

My cycles are 35 days long my last AF was 22/11/2014 I ovulated on Thursday 11/12/14 so technically I am only 3 weeks from conception today, I know docs add on 2 weeks prior so would that make my 5 weeks? As from LMP is 6 weeks on Saturday but that would be adding nearly 3 weeks on top and I know I ain't that far, it's just confusing I want to book a private scan but I'm not sure when to do it as technically I'm only 3 weeks pregnant lol or 5 weeks.... Wow I really am confused hahaha xx thanks xx

This help?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/due-date-calculator.aspx#close

:thumbup:

Thanks Hun makes me 4 weeks, i dunno if it's right tho as when doc asks me I say well period was due 27th December so I'm nearly 1 week late so doesn't that make nearly 5 weeks :/ sorry if I sound dumb xx

My last af was 24/11 and I ovulated on the 11/12 too. I used an online calculator which used af dates and it put edd at 31st Aug but I know I ovulated late (28 day cycle) so I used a calculator that uses conception date and that putt edd at either 3rd or 4th September which is what I'm going for!

I just find it proper weird as with my DS I was 5 days late before I found out I was preg but with this one my test was positive thursday night 7dpo (super early for me) as AF wasn't due till 27/12/14 but discovered pregnancy 18/12/14 surely that is way too early lol bet I'm confusing you now so sorry lol xx

My EDD is 5/09/15 going off my LMP with a 35 day cycle so must be right then :) thanks ladies xXx

To be honest, until they do the measuring they're just guessing really. But yes, that calculator takes into account when you'll ovulate in relation to the length of your cycles and adjusts accordingly. So the way they calculate for someone with a standard period is adjusted slightly for the fact that yours is longer and you won't have ovulated 14 days after your LMP...but there's like a whole week in which the little bean might have implanted anyway so it's all a bit rough I wouldn't try to be too exact.

The midwife and I have a disagreement over how far along I am, so I've decided to enjoy it and switch between the two due dates depending on how it suits me :rofl:

When they measure at 12 weeks it'll be much more exact :)

To be honest, until they do the measuring they're just guessing really. But yes, that calculator takes into account when you'll ovulate in relation to the length of your cycles and adjusts accordingly. So the way they calculate for someone with a standard period is adjusted slightly for the fact that yours is longer and you won't have ovulated 14 days after your LMP...but there's like a whole week in which the little bean might have implanted anyway so it's all a bit rough I wouldn't try to be too exact.

The midwife and I have a disagreement over how far along I am, so I've decided to enjoy it and switch between the two due dates depending on how it suits me :rofl:

When they measure at 12 weeks it'll be much more exact :)

You are absolutely correct! Rule of thumb go by lmp until u get a dating scan or 12 week one. There is no other way to correctly date your pregnancy. I know it's very confusing. Another rule of thumb is generally a transvag scan is more accurate early on..or your 12 week one. Babies generally grow at the same rate until 12 weeks after that some grow fast or slow long short so the most accurate dates are from the early scans. I argue about mine all the time pgfairy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->