Confused on how far along I am..

babyr2804

Reaction score
Iv just found out im pregnant :happydance:

The only thing is, when I booked my appointment at the doctors to see the midwife, I put the date of my last period down, thinking it was the 20th May, making me 5 weeks, but then I was thinking about it last night, and my period on the 20th only lasted two days, which I have read can be implantation bleeding.. So that would mean that my actual last period was 20th April, meaning id be about 9 weeks? Im just worried cuz my appointment with the midwife is not until 31st July, and my skin will probs be about 2 weeks after that, which means I could either be 12 weeks or 16 weeks

But then when I did the pregnancy test a week ago, the positive line was really faint, and was darker last night when I did one again, so does this suggest that I am actually only 5 weeks, cuz wouldn't the test have been darker from the start if i was already 9 weeks?

Hope this makes sense.. Sorry if it sounds stupid but im new to all this and panicking about everything

If you are indeed further along, pregnancy tests often get lighter because the HCG levels are so concentrated. I believe it's called the Hook Effect.

When you go for a scan, they will tell you how much you measure..so, your confusions will be cleared..dont worry...:)

Congrats. Maybe get a clear blue digi, the one that estimates the number of weeks.

How much did you bleed during those two days? If it was enough to fill a pad, I'd say that was just a short period. If it was just some spotting occasionally off and on for 2 days then it could have been an implantation bleed.

It sounds like you are around 5 weeks, because if you were experiencing the hook effect, you wouldn't have a much darker test a week later, the lines would be roughly the same in strength. Not to mention if you really want to test if the hook effect is happening, you can dilute your urine with water and if the line gets darker with the diluted urine, then you are indeed experiencing the hook effect and could be further along.

Sometimes if you make it clear that you have no idea how far along you are, They'll do a scan at your first appointment. Just call and tell them what you just typed up there and maybe they'll speed up your appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->