Confused on symptoms

Mylife20

Reaction score
Hello,

So I am 22 and have been on the birth control pill for 5 years. For the past couple of months my boyfriend and I have only been using that as a contraceptive and he finishes inside of me. On 5dpo I got really bad cramps and began bleeding. The cramping became minimal and less painful the next day. It started off as brown and became a light pink by about 8dpo. I am now 14dpo and supposed to start today. I am still bleeding but very slightly. It also is a very light pink and has no smell. Yesterday I did have cm with a little blood which I don't usually get before AF. So far no symptoms today and blood test on 8dpo came out negative and hpt came out negative yesterday. I have been a little nauseous the past few days but nothing serious or having to run to the bathroom. I've also been constipated at sometimes and having to rush to it at other times. Could this just be breakthrough bleeding or extended implantation? Again AF is supposed to be here today but I have been lightly bleeding the past week. Thanks for any help!

At 8 dpo, your blood test would likely be negative, as implantation doesn't always occur by then. Even if it did, it takes 2-3 days to produce enough hcg to register as positive. It could be breakthrough bleeding, or your hormones could be a bit out of whack after stopping birth control after being on it for a while. Some women get their period right after stopping birth control, others it takes a few cycles to regulate. If you didn't get a positive test by 13 dpo, it is likely that you aren't pregnant, but not guaranteed. Since your blood test was negative at 8 dpo, you could have ovulated late or the egg could implant late, in which you wouldn't get a positive test until well after AF was due. I know this isn't what you want to hear but really all I can suggest is to give it time. Fx for you and good luck!

At 8 dpo, your blood test would likely be negative, as implantation doesn't always occur by then. Even if it did, it takes 2-3 days to produce enough hcg to register as positive. It could be breakthrough bleeding, or your hormones could be a bit out of whack after stopping birth control after being on it for a while. Some women get their period right after stopping birth control, others it takes a few cycles to regulate. If you didn't get a positive test by 13 dpo, it is likely that you aren't pregnant, but not guaranteed. Since your blood test was negative at 8 dpo, youate, in which you wouldn't get a positive test until well after AF was due. I know this isn't what you want to hear but really all I can suggest is to give it time. Fx for you and good luck!

Now my thing is, I am actually still currently on the pill I have never stopped taking it. My boyfriend and I are actually not trying to conceive but he would be happy if we did. I've just never experienced this before while on the pill for 5 years. I'm just not sure what else it could be. I have read this much bleeding could be miscarriage but again I never even got a positive test. Thank you for your response! Appreciate it!

I was on the pill for 13 years and had everything under the sun. Missed period, bleeding missed cycle once/several times, mild periods and very painful ones as well. BCP was a solid and only form of bc my husband and I used for the last 10 years and it never failed.

I have two questions for you: How do you know you ovulated? Have you ever had any irregular spotting on BCP before?

If AF doesn't start I would take an HPT tomorrow and ask for a repeat blood test. Most likely your hormones are for some reason out of synch this month. My bleeds usually happened when my hormones acted up (missed pill/doubling pill/antibiotics/steroids (when I was really ill).

I was on the pill for 13 years and had everything under the sun. Missed period, bleeding missed cycle once/several times, mild periods and very painful ones as well. BCP was a solid and only form of bc my husband and I used for the last 10 years and it never failed.

I have two questions for you: How do you know you ovulated? Have you ever had any irregular spotting on BCP before?

If AF doesn't start I would take an HPT tomorrow and ask for a repeat blood test. Most likely your hormones are for some reason out of synch this month. My bleeds usually happened when my hormones acted up (missed pill/doubling pill/antibiotics/steroids (when I was really ill).

Honestly, I don't know if I did or not. But I was late on a couple of pills for about 12-24 hours and we were having unprotected sex days before this as well as after. And on the 5 years I have been on it, I have spotted once. Years ago and was brown and only for a couple hours. This has been days and went from brown to pinkish red and then I had some cm with blood in it yesterday. But no, this has never happened before. And the only things that have changed in the 5 years is the guy and having unprotected sex besides the pill. Thanks for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->