Confused- please help

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by WrestlingChik, Dec 18, 2009.

1. WrestlingChik

WrestlingChik Member

Hello ladies, my name is Courtney. I joined a few days ago and this is my first official post. I don't know a lot of the lingo very well, so excuse me if I type out things that many abrieviate:blush:
    I am having an issue and I was wondering if anyone has been in the same boat. Okay so backstory, I am 24 and was diagnosed with endo many years ago. I've have surgery and 3 rounds of depot lupron. I had a miscarriage 11/07. After a few months of grieving we started trying again. We tried a full 8 months before my husband had to deploy for his second year long deployment to Iraq (US Army) so after waiting that year, we picked up again in September of this year when he got back and we've been trying every month fo the past 4 months.
    My cycles are fairly short (22-26 days), with the phase between my ovulation and period being extremely short (8-10 days). I should have started spotting for my cycle a couple days ago but nothing. My cycles are a little weird so I could be anywhere from 8dpo to 13 dpo. I was feeling extremely dizzy (I had to sit down on the floor in a shopping mall :wacko:) So I took a test last night. To my surprise, a faint positive. SO I took another. Another faint positive. So Just to be sure I went out and baught another brand. Still faintly positive. So my husband gets home from work and we are thrilled together. We wake up this morning to take a 4th test "Just to be sure" and it's negative! Now I just don't know what to think. I still have no period, I am still very dizzy, but no pink line.

I am feeling very heartbroken, like something has been stollen from me. I don't know if I should give up hope or keep on believing that I might be pregnant.

I know some will say to simply "go to the doctor" but it's really hard to get in to the doctor on a military base with an early pregnancy issue. I had to wait 8 weeks for my first appointment last time, and after telling them I thought something was wrong, they still refused to do an ultrasoundor any tests and I ended up having my miscarriage that night. So getting into the doctor for this in a timely manner would be extremely difficult.

Has anyone ever had this happen and still ended up being pregnant? I'm sorry this is so long, I just don't know what to do and my thoughts are racing. Please help if you can. Thank you so much for your time!!!!

~Courtney

2. 2016

2016 Mummy and Preggo with #2!

All I can suggest is wait a couple more days and test again. Each test can have different amounts of dye and your urine can be slightly different strength even if it is your first wee. My friend had the same thing - nearly scared the life out of herself and she is now happily 7 weeks pregnant. Hope it all works out for you. x

ps.If needed, there are things you can try to increase your luteal phase (between ov and period) which is what I am trying this cycle. Vitamin B6 in a B complex but you need way more than in any prenatal. I tried 50mg last cycle and it didnt work so now I am trying 100mg every day.

3. darrensmommy

darrensmommy Well-Known Member

first buy a test with the pink lines like first response,those aren't supposed to have evaporation lines if you get a 2 line with one of those your more then likely preggers, so good luck and sticky vibes.

4. StonesWife

StonesWife Momma & Wife WTT

I agree with the other girlies, wait a couple days (easier said than done I know) and test again with your first morning pee.

Do keep us updated and welcome to BnB!! We're a bunch of broody women going mad with baby fever!!

5. WrestlingChik

WrestlingChik Member

thank you so much for your replies ladies, it really means a lot to me. So, for an update, I took yet another test (I know, I know) and it showed up faintly possitive again. I went to a meeting at work this morning and ended up so dizzy that I collapsed on the floor. My husband took me into the hospital and we waited and waited until someone finally agreed to see us. The doctor ordered a blood test for baby and for my white blood cell count (should know results in a couple hours) He also noticed a slight murmur (SP?) in my heartbeat and sent me up for an EKG. The EKG technician asked me flat out if I was pregnant because a lot of times that can trigger a slight murmur (I don't know that!) I won't know those results until Monday. I'm cautiously optimistic about the blood test today. Again, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to reply earlier, it meant the world to me this morning!!!!!

6. WrestlingChik

WrestlingChik Member

Also, as a reply to the post earlier, I have heard horror stories about evap lines on EPT!(my first 2 faint positives) so I went out and baught FRER and as of now I've gotten 2 faint positives and one negative from them. Weird cause they were all three in the same box. I never thought a simple test oculd be so darn confusing!

7. WannaB

WannaB Busy Finding Nirvana!

Fingers crossed for you hun! Hoping this is a nice sticky beanie for you! Keep us updated.:hugs:

8. destinyfaith

destinyfaith mammy to taylor mason

sounds good hun .. just need to restest with a frer and fmu and ensure ur lines are gettin strong xxx

9. ablacketer

ablacketer Just Call Me Angel :)

hi fellow mil wifey!

are you required to be seen on base? or can you opt for tricare standard? tricare standard allows you to see any doc you choose as long as they accept tricare. I hate dealing iwth the mil hospital and docs. I dont have a choice though because Im active duty. I did get lucky this tour and have a wonderful doc I see there (please please please dont transfer her!!!!! LOL)

10. kaykaysmom

kaykaysmom Well-Known Member

Hey welcome to bnb!!! I experienced dizzyness with my daughter very early on in my pregnancy...It was caused from low blood sugar they told me to eat little meals every so often and dont eat or drink anything with bad sugars in it like caffinated drinks or chocolate....crackers and peanut butter are good for low sugar hope it helps! good luck and dont give up hope just yet!!

11. StonesWife

Its not over to the :witch: show up!! Let us know how it goes!!

12. WrestlingChik

WrestlingChik Member

thanks so much for all the replies ladies! I did get the answer I was hoping for:) My dizziness is subsiding...sort of...and the doctor would like to see me early because of my endo and past m/c. So That's good that they are FINALLY being proactive, but makes me a little nervous!

As for the whole military hospital thing, I totally hear you on that! I'd love to go to a civilian hospital but my husband is AD too and they won't let me :/ Thank you so much for replying ladies, you're all wonderful!

13. EllaMom2B

EllaMom2B believes in miracles

So congrats? Yes?

14. WrestlingChik

WrestlingChik Member

Yes:) Thank you!

15. StonesWife

Congrats!!! Now send some :dust: our way!!! :hehe: I hope you have a happy and healthy nine months!! Just curious how many dpo were you when you first tested and how many till you got your for sure BFP??

16. EllaMom2B

EllaMom2B believes in miracles

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Woo hoo! Merry Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!