confused please help!

K

KA92

i have just been to the doctors, who has changed my contracetive pill from a combined Microgyon to Cezarette, the mini pill.

I am currently half way through my microgyon pack. Do i need to wait until my 7 day break from microgyon, then begin Cezarette after this break?

Or do i take the new pill tonight (instead of my Mircogyon?)

Please help im really confused :(

I would finish the pack(as in until you go onto the 7 day break) and go onto the next one, then it won't be odd since it wont mess your body being mid cycle, but the start of a new one.

Really the best advise would be if you are very unsure call your doctor to clarify.

do you think i should wait the full 7 days then start next one or start next one as soon as mircogyon is finished(doctor says to take it after last "active" pill?)

do you think i should wait the full 7 days then start next one or start next one as soon as mircogyon is finished(doctor says to take it after last "active" pill?)

I personally, would wait the normal 7 days to have your false period. Since I never liked to go straight from one to the other since I feel it messes with your body too much. Honestly I think thats more personal preference than anything, you'll be protected either way. :D

Edit: Last 'active' pill would be the last pill of that month i'm presuming?

right okays, so ill cvarry on with this pack, wait til 7 day break (though instructions say first day of your period?:S)take it after the break as normal and use condoms for a week or so? sorry just it didnt make sense to me lol

right okays, so ill cvarry on with this pack, wait til 7 day break (though instructions say first day of your period?:S)take it after the break as normal and use condoms for a week or so? sorry just it didnt make sense to me lol

Hrmmm when you put it like that... :rofl: Sorry its been so long since I took my pills I think i've forgotten all the rules!!

If its the first day or your period, then I would go to the end of the pack of the Micrgynon and then go straight onto the Cezerette, since that makes more sense.. since obviously the break is to allow your body to have a period.

:blush:

right okays...that makes sense now...i should be covered asap? or 7 days? ill use condoms anyway for the first few weeks(even if im not covered after 7 days should be after few weeks as body has been able to build up the horomones)

right okays...that makes sense now...i should be covered asap? or 7 days? ill use condoms anyway for the first few weeks(even if im not covered after 7 days should be after few weeks as body has been able to build up the horomones)

I would use condoms just to be on the safe side for a couple of weeks, just to allow your body to adjust, but as far as I am aware with the pill you are protected immediately.

"Ideally, you should start taking this pill on day one of your menstrual cycle (the first day of your period). This will protect you from pregnancy immediately and you won't need to use any additional methods of contraception." - Off the NHS website.

Got there in the end hun ! :hugs:

so day one would be asap after 7 day break? thanks so much put my mind at rest now lol!

so day one would be asap after 7 day break? thanks so much put my mind at rest now lol!

Day one would be the first day without the 7 day break, as in, you take the Microgynon till the end of the pack, then go straight onto the Cezarette, since the break is for you to have the period, but if you need to take it on the first day of the period then it needs to be straight after the microgynon.

Example

Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun
<-------Microgynon ----------><--------Cezarette------------->
( Cezarette section is when normally you would have break for period.)

Hope that makes more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"