Confused, please please can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Firkin, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Firkin

Firkin Well-Known Member

I have a cycle between 24-30 days, today is cd31 so I thought I would do a pg test this morning. I brought a Tesco own brand test. Tested with my first morning urine, waited 3 minutes and BFN. So I picked it up and threw it in the bin. Have gone back half an hour later and now a second line has appeared!! What does this mean? It says on the packet do not read after 10minutes, why is this? Could it be that my urine is so diluted it has taken half an hour for the BFP to show? I drink a lot throughout the day and my urine is always very pale yellow or clear even in the morning. Any help you can give would be good. Also I am getting a slight pain on my left hand side just around below my belly button.

Sorry for the long post!!

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Does the second line have colour?

3. Firkin

Firkin Well-Known Member

Hi toriaaaaTRASH

Yes it is a pink line.

4. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I found this on peeonastick.com...

The line appeared after the 10-minute time limit. Is it still positive?

No. You can't rely on any test results that appear after the time limit. There is a reason the tests have a time limit-- and torturing us is not usually that reason ;) If a line appears in the "results" window after the time specified in the directions, wait a couple days and test again. HPT's are rapid assay diagnostics, which means any results appearing after the "rapid" time limit of 10 minutes are invalid-- after this time, natural changes in the chemicals may cause lines to appear.

5. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I'd get a First Response and test in two days

6. shazza83

shazza83 Well-Known Member

that happened to me last month it was a negative the line is known as an evaporation line . Although what your saying also happened to a friend of a friend and she did not look at test for 3 days and the line was there it was a bfp. It just depends on test you are using. I think u should buy clear blue they are a bit more accurate.

7. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

if the line appears after the time limit it can not be trusted as a true line xx