Confused sac measurements

ksmummy

Reaction score
Hello.. So I had an early scan on Friday that put me back to exactly 5 weeks I thought I was 6w1d. Baby measured 2mm and we saw a heart beat. My concern is when coming home re looking at the scan letter the gest sac says 24mm when googling that is massive!!! The sonographer never said anything about the sac size though. But I had a mmc in May so any little thing now makes me paranoid.. I know seeing the heart beat is always a great sign but worrying about the sac size :( I have a reassurance in two weeks she said scans see more at 7 weeks never worried like this with my two girls pregnancies any advise would be greatly appreciated. Xx

Sounds like you were further on than 5 weeks. It's very unlikely you would see a fetal pole with a heartbeat at exactly 5 weeks- sounds like your original date was more accurate or even a tad further along.
5 weeks does not sound right at all from what you've described so I have no idea why she would date you as that with that sized sac and a heartbeat.

See I've been on a few forums with women having an embryo same size & heart beat & 5 weeks some 5 weeks 2 days but no more than that.. I was just concerned about the gest size.. And why she never bothered to mention it has me so worried now two weeks is a long time to wait for my reassurance scan..

at 5 weeks 5 days all we saw was an empty sac. It wasn't til our next scan that we saw a heartbeat.
It does just sound to me that you were further ahead than she thought. Guess you could book a private scan if you feel you need the reassurance?

Just came back from another early scan diff hosp bang on 6 days today baby measuring 3.5mm lovey 142bpm feel so much better nothing said about gest sac they were happy I'm happy feel a sense of relief

Just came back from another early scan diff hosp bang on 6 weeks today baby measuring 3.5mm lovely 142bpm feel so much better nothing said about gest sac they were happy I'm happy feel a sense of relief[/QUOTE]

Thank you got worried and just drove to my nearest walk in epu :)

Hello.. So I had an early scan on Friday that put me back to exactly 5 weeks I thought I was 6w1d. Baby measured 2mm and we saw a heart beat. My concern is when coming home re looking at the scan letter the gest sac says 24mm when googling that is massive!!! The sonographer never said anything about the sac size though. But I had a mmc in May so any little thing now makes me paranoid.. I know seeing the heart beat is always a great sign but worrying about the sac size :( I have a reassurance in two weeks she said scans see more at 7 weeks never worried like this with my two girls pregnancies any advise would be greatly appreciated. Xx

The ultrasound techs here are not allowed to tell you anything because they are not trained doctors... Maybe it's the same there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"