Confused to say the least

Emmab9833

Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies

Please bear with me here lol

On the 5th December I got a positive pregnancy test. The line was slightly fainter than the control line. I started bleeding on the 7th with big clots, bright red. I phoned the EPAU who advised me to monitor it and was booked for a scan a few days later. I phoned them once the bleeding had stopped as I took a pregnancy test and it was now negative. They advised that I had miscarried and didn't need the scan. On January the 3rd I booked in for the depo. I've not had a period since the bleed in December and the past couple of weeks my nipples have been really sensitive, to the point where even I can't touch them.

I took a pregnancy test this morning and low and behold 2 strong lines there! I've spoken to the nurse and she seems to think that I didn't miscarry in December and the bleeding was implantation bleeding! I find this highly unlikely with the amount of blood and clots (sorry if tmi)

I've got a scan at 15:35 tomorrow to anticipate how far I am.
Has anyone had a similar thing happen to them?? I'm really confused and in shock! My mother in law has said for us not to get our hopes up, so goodness knows what she means by that??

Oh boy! What a surprise!

I didn't have implantation bleeding but I've spoken to several friends who have bled heavily from it. Although their bleeds were 1-2 days, rather than the full length of a period.

I mean.. if the pregnancy test was positive then.. I'd say it's safe to anticipate seeing SOMETHING in that scan. I'm not aware of any other hormone in the body that would produce a false positive (other than the trigger shot or something else externally introduced).

Good luck tomorrow! Be sure to update!

Perhaps you ovulated and got pregnant right after a chemical?

If your test went negative Id ay you did miscarry but fell pregnant again before the depo and its a new pregnancy

Or the second test was a faulty test. You're more likely to get a false negative than a false positive.

What tests were you using?

Before my son I found out I was pregnant a few days before my period at 5+3 I started bleeding and my tests had gone negative, I must have ovulated instantly because I was pregnant again the next month, sounds like the same happened to you :)

Or the second test was a faulty test. You're more likely to get a false negative than a false positive.

What tests were you using?

I used the Superdrug early ones, the 10ml hcg ones xxx

Thankyou ladies, I'm still in shock to day the least. After the bleed in December me and my other half were upset. We booked our wedding for August this year to try and focus our minds elsewhere. Guessing we will be postponing that ��

I will keep you updated tomorrow after the scan. Blimey, imagine if I'm 12 weeks, this pregnancy is going to fly by lol xxx

My guess would be that you had a chemical and then got pregnant right after. I remember back when I was tracking ovulation, I ovulated 8 days after a chemical. Best of luck.

Someone on another thread suggested two fertilized follicles and one ended up failing/ Apparently that would explain a dip in HCG and then a rise after. I'm not sure how likely that is or how often that happens. FX for your scan though! I'm very interested to hear how far along you are

I've heard of this happening to someone on here quite recently. They thought they had miscarried, then fell pregnant immediately afterwards because they had bleeding similar to what you described and assumed they had lost the pregnancy. The girl was in for a total shock when she had an ultrasound done thinking she was only 6-7 weeks when in fact she was really 12 weeks! Miracles do happen. Try to stay positive, hun... having had several losses as well as successful pregnancies I know what being in limbo feels like :hugs:

I can't wait to hear the update to this one!!

What's a Depo?

I think you probably miscarried and then immediately ovulated and got pregnant again! They say you're most fertile after a MC. Fingers crossed and keep us updated!

Will definitely keep you updated. I'm at work this morning too so today is definitely going to drag!!

Feeling slightly nervous too xxx

Good afternoon ladies

Please bear with me here lol

On the 5th December I got a positive pregnancy test. The line was slightly fainter than the control line. I started bleeding on the 7th with big clots, bright red. I phoned the EPAU who advised me to monitor it and was booked for a scan a few days later. I phoned them once the bleeding had stopped as I took a pregnancy test and it was now negative. They advised that I had miscarried and didn't need the scan. On January the 3rd I booked in for the depo. I've not had a period since the bleed in December and the past couple of weeks my nipples have been really sensitive, to the point where even I can't touch them.

I took a pregnancy test this morning and low and behold 2 strong lines there! I've spoken to the nurse and she seems to think that I didn't miscarry in December and the bleeding was implantation bleeding! I find this highly unlikely with the amount of blood and clots (sorry if tmi)

I've got a scan at 15:35 tomorrow to anticipate how far I am.
Has anyone had a similar thing happen to them?? I'm really confused and in shock! My mother in law has said for us not to get our hopes up, so goodness knows what she means by that??

Wow congrats!! HCG only rises after you've implanted so a positive followed by a bleed sounds like you conceived a second time as many others here have suggested. Still dying to know what the scan shows.. gl :)

I can't wait to find out. Time is going soooooo slow!!! Xx

Stalking!!!!

I conceived this pregnancy approx 2 weeks after my last mc! It can definitely happen hun!

Cant wait to hear your outcome xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->