confused..tubes tied and late

arikalane22

Mom of 2 beautiful girls!
Reaction score
Ok..so first off..let me just say that I DO NOT want to be pregnant. If it happens..it happens, but hubby and I are done having kids. Of course we would be thrilled if I were to ever somehow get pregnant again, but we are very satisfied with our two beautiful little girls we have!!
That being said..I have had "average" 29d cycles since my period came back PP. I had my last daughter in Nov. and also had a tubal ligation. My periods came back in March of this year. My cycles have been as follows:M-31,A-31,M-25. I know they are not SUPER consistent, but prepregnancy my cycle was 28d almost every single month since Aug. 2012. Anyway..I am on cycle day 29 right now..I have not started my period yet, nor do I feel like I am going to. I have, however, been spotting once or twice a day VERY little bright pink since Friday(so for the past 3 days). And today I did something that I have not done since right before I found out I was pregnant with dd#2. I got really shaky and hungry like I hadn't ate all day when I had at actually twice this morning..the shaky part happened only about 2-3 hours after I had ate last. I assumed that this was when implantation occurred last time I got pregnant because I got a BFP about 7 days later.
Am I just being paranoid?? Or could this really be possible?? Just want to remind everyone that I am sooooooo no wanting another baby so this is not a desperate mental thing wishing I would somehow get pregnant..lol. ;) Hope someone has some advice! Thanks!! :D :D :D Oh! Also..if I haven't started by the morning I will be testing..I know that it takes a little while for hcg to build if it was implantation, but I used to be a POAS addict. ;) We tried for both our girls. :p

It's really, really rare but it does happen. I used to be a reproductive health counselor and in my 5 years I met one women who got pregnant after a tubal - one tube had healed back together.

A tubal is 99.9 percent effective so there is a .1% chance or less of getting pregnant.

Good luck and I hope it's a fluke. Most likely your blood sugar just dropped for a moment. It happens.

It's really, really rare but it does happen. I used to be a reproductive health counselor and in my 5 years I met one women who got pregnant after a tubal - one tube had healed back together.

A tubal is 99.9 percent effective so there is a .1% chance or less of getting pregnant.

Good luck and I hope it's a fluke. Most likely your blood sugar just dropped for a moment. It happens.

Thanks for your response! :) It's just a weird month I guess. :p I started this morning, but I'm not bleeding like I normally do. It's usually SUPER heavy the first 2-3 days and then tapers off until I stop(6 days average period). And I usually cramp really bad. I have used 2 tampons total today and haven't been cramping. Hopefully my periods stay like this!! haha :D I am very relieved that I started though. I was getting a bit worried. :p Thanks again!!

You are welcome and congrats!
First of all CONGRATS!!
Second of all..since you are the only one who responded to my post I need some more advice. ;) So my period was WAY lighter than normal last month(the period we were discussing). It was probably 1/3 of what I usually bleed. And ever since I stopped bleeding I have been cramping and have had lower back pain. It seems to be getting a little worse each day. I'm very scared that I may be pregnant. :( I have not tested, but I know I should. Have you ever experienced cramping between periods accompanied with lower back pain?? I know you can cramp during ovulation, but this is more than that. :p IDK what I'm thinking or even what to do other than take a pregnancy test. Guess I'm just looking for comfort.
-Arika

Don't know if anyone is reading this, but wanted to say that I took a pregnancy test last night..it was NEG. Well, I fished it out of the garbage this morning after taking another pregnancy test this morning that was also NEG and the one I took last night is now POS..the test line is pink. WELL....I decided to double check the one I took this morning about 5-6hrs after I took it and it was also POS. ??????????? I know you are not supposed to trust a result after 10mins, but this has never happened to me before with this brand(88C Walmart) and they are thick lines..not just a little strip. I am going to test in a few days again. I am due for my period in a week so I may wait until then to test. I am really bloated(for the last few days) and my lower back is hurting so bad that it's making it a little hard to walk comfortably. Also I've had the same stabbing pain in my left ovary since I stopped my last period. I feel like I'm Oing right now, but I would have Od a week ago if everything was normal. Ugh...I'm so confused..............................

I would try a frer. Cheaper tests can have thick evap lines. good luck!

I would try a frer. Cheaper tests can have thick evap lines. good luck!
Thank you..I am going to wait until I miss my period(if I do) and retest. I tested last night and this morning with Clearblue and both were POS after the time limit(like the other ones..just different brand). I have, however, had that happen to me with Clearblue before so I know not to trust it. ;) I will update though!! I am hoping I'm not because we hadn't planned on any more children, but would be okay either way.

Just wanted you to know I am stalking your post, just didn't have any relevant input to your original post.
You stated your tubes were tied...I used to work in L&D and only saw a cpl women in my few years that got pregnant after tubals. In both cases their tubes had regrown enough to allow an eg to pass from what was explained to me, but my understanding is one was a tubal with ends cut and tied off, the other had some sort of clips which must have had enough room as well for an egg to pass- I might add they were older style tubals, as I think they now cut and cauterize to help prevent this.
Anyhoo, I would say if you are getting pos tests, and having pain to the side, you may want to get checked asap with a blood hcg, a pregnancy/tubal situation is much higher risk of ectopic...sorry, but better to be safe!

Just wanted you to know I am stalking your post, just didn't have any relevant input to your original post.
You stated your tubes were tied...I used to work in L&D and only saw a cpl women in my few years that got pregnant after tubals. In both cases their tubes had regrown enough to allow an eg to pass from what was explained to me, but my understanding is one was a tubal with ends cut and tied off, the other had some sort of clips which must have had enough room as well for an egg to pass- I might add they were older style tubals, as I think they now cut and cauterize to help prevent this.
Anyhoo, I would say if you are getting pos tests, and having pain to the side, you may want to get checked asap with a blood hcg, a pregnancy/tubal situation is much higher risk of ectopic...sorry, but better to be safe!
lol..at least someones seeing this ;)
I got all the paperwork from the hospital about my tubal months ago..the ob that did my surgery(I had a csection and tubal ligation) used babcock clamps to lift my tubes up and then she sutured them together and they only took off a tiny(when I say tiny I mean like .6cm) bit off each tube so they are still quite "long". I think she did this because I am so young. I am no longer having any pain..it just disappeared?? lol hopefully that's a good sign :)

Just wanted to update..started my period today!! YAY!! :D

Oh congrats- there was a confusing time for ya lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"