Confused, upset, angry and still 4 days to go!!

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by SpudsMama, Jan 31, 2011.

1. SpudsMama

SpudsMama New Mummy!

Hi everyone,

I'm 8 dpo today and feel like screaming :wacko:

I've just got the overwhelming feeling that I'm out this month. I really got my hopes up at 5 dpo because I saw ferning appear again on my saliva scope and I got told that it could a sign of implantation. But when I got home I read about the secondary estrogen surge so that put me right off. Then at 6 dpo I had the usual twinges all around my abdomen, but also felt a strong stabbing pain for a few seconds just to the left and below my belly button. But I don't feel like that alone can be classed as a preg symptom. And at 7 dpo, for most of the day I had a dull ache/pressure pain on my pubic bone, I mean the actual bone itself was hurting whenever I was sitting or lying still. But this morning, nothing.

Today I woke up, checked my cm and found a little blob of ewcm mixed in with the usual thin, creamy stuff. Which again got my hopes up, but then read it happens a lot before AF is supposed to arrive.

It seems like whenever I feel anything promising, I find out it means zilch :shrug:

Just want to cry :cry:

Just needed to get that out!

xx

2. ArmyWifey

ArmyWifey Well-Known Member

Hey hun..
    Didnt want to read and run..
    Just one thing to keep your hopes up..

Lots of women dont even get symptoms. My cousin, didnt no she was preg until 5months when she started 2 get a bump. ! She had what she called periods but was just light spotting until 7months and like i said, no symptoms at all.. thats the only thing that keeps me going when i get bfn's

Fx for you hun

Xx

3. SpudsMama

SpudsMama New Mummy!

Thanks ArmyWifey :)

Just tested my saliva again this morning at 8 dpo, and I've got partial ferning again! So that's two lots of ferning since ovulation finished :wacko:

Also, my cervix has opened again, but surely 8 dpo is too early for AF to show up??

How long before AF does your temp drop and cervix open??

Thanks and baby dust xx

4. ArmyWifey

ArmyWifey Well-Known Member

My temp usualy drops literally the day before af appears..
    As for my cervix, i assume mine doesnt open until the day of af as when my temp drops i tend not to feel haha..
    Im not really a cp charter its just a 2ww thing with me lol i have a symptom spotting addiction lol..

8dpo is a little early.. maybe ib is coming?

Aw i really hope so!! Im send lots of babydust your way

Xx

5. berniegroves

berniegroves A daughter and a son

Hi Hon,

I think the problem that a lot of women face is that many pregnancy symptoms can also be signs of AF arriving. And because we are all hyper aware of our bodies etc then we are noticing them more than we would have done before.
    And as ArmyWifey said some women don't have any significant symptoms, so i think for a lot of us there is no sure way of knowing until you take the HPT.
    Fingers crossed for you
    xx

6. kaye

kaye Well-Known Member

I know it really really hard, but try not to symptom spot. I know easier said then done, beleive me i would love to stop it but i can't!

My symptom spotting has been getting worse and i just feel like it makes me fall all the harder each month.

You are not out until the witch shows, so keep thinking positive and sending you lots of babydust, fx'd this is your month and a BFP will be on its way

Good Luck xx

7. Xbaby.fairyX

Xbaby.fairyX NTNP after Miscarriage

8. SpudsMama

SpudsMama New Mummy!

Thanks for your support everyone :)

I've been reading a lot that the temp doesn't drop until the day before or day of AF. But I shouldn't be due for that for another few days yet. The cervix opening for IB is interesting though... will do my best to keep my hopes down lol

xx

9. Tasha16

Tasha16 Well-Known Member

good luck huni, im the same i just wanna know asap if im in or out. Ive been feeling positive but that doesnt mean i will b. Im here if u wanna talk x x

10. SpudsMama

SpudsMama New Mummy!

Tasha16 - I know, I keep swinging from feeling really positive about it, to being convinced I'm out and so on and so forth lol

xx

11. Tasha16

yeah its such a pain, and the waiting is doing my head in it feels like forever lol x

12. SpudsMama

SpudsMama New Mummy!

To me it always seems like the first few days go fairly quickly... but as soon as I hit 7 dpo, time goes soooo slow lol xx

13. Tasha16

Haha Bless, I hope we both get our bfp's. Keep me posted xx

14. AnnetteCali

AnnetteCali Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies...

I am also in my 2ww... with 4 days to go!! I'm trying my hardest not to POAS early.. like I always do!! I admit.. I'm a POAS addict!!

I took about a month off from this site.. I found that I was stressing way too much over it. My entire month was consumed with waiting to ovulate.. then the 2ww... symptom spotting.. or lack of symptom spotting!! ugh!!

This 2ww period hasnt been as difficult as others.. I've been trying to take a different approach mentally on this whole ttc business... it has been tough!!

I am still temping.. but stopped the CBFM.. the sticks were too darn expensive!! I didn't even tell hubby when I was ovulating.. I just surprised him with a baby dance a few times.. he didnt even know. I totally stopped stressing over the whole.. bd should be done every other day.. etc.. if it happens.. it happens.

I'm already feeling out of the game this month...as i have ZERO symptoms.. other than a few cramps.. like fricken AF is gonna arrive... and ready for AF to arrive so I can get back on track for Feb. It will be month 7 of ttc... I really didn't think it would take this long!

Wow... thanks for listening ladies.. I didn't realize I wrote so much.. I guess I needed to vent.. considering I was away for about a month!!

Take care everyone.. and sending baby dust your way!!

p.s... I know I said i wasnt gonna test... but.. I think i'm going to give in tomorrow 9dpo and test with fmu!! ugh!!! No willpower!! I'm gonna try to hold off and wait until AF arrives.. it's always a waste of money!

baby dust.. baby dust.. baby dust!! :)

15. SpudsMama

SpudsMama New Mummy!

lol I'm not that bad with using up preg tests... it's OPK's that get me :haha:

But I know what you mean about needing to vent... it's necessary when TTC I find lol

Baby dust to you too :) xx

16. LaraJJ

LaraJJ Mummy to Tessa & bump!

Hey - I'm right there with you on the symptom spotting, lol!!

Quick question, what is this saliva test that you've been doing? I've never heard of it!!

Thanks xx

17. Sweedot

Sweedot Esmé and Teddy's mom

i can really empathise with you!

I cried yesterday, uncontrollably sobbing on my poor husband because I just knew it was over, I'm still only 11 dpo, but I know there's little to no hope...

with regards to symptoms...we can symptoms spot all we want, we will never truly know except in retrospect...

I had cramps on and off from 7 dpo! but, i was looking through old charts and did notice odd months where I cramped early...

my best friend, who got her BFP 8 weeks ago, had NO symptoms at all....she was 19 dpo...over a week late and tested with a huge BFP! she had no cramps, no bleeding, no spotting, no sore bbs, nothing!!!

so, we just never know until "witchy shows" or we get that BFP!

I really wish you the best of luck...i wish, wish I could be more positive or helpful, but honestly, I feel as down and out as you do and I'm struggling to find the positive in much of anything at the moment!

18. SpudsMama

SpudsMama New Mummy!

Basically you buy an ovulation microscope (I use Fertile Focus) and every morning, before eating, drinking, brushing teeth, smoking etc... you just put a drop of your saliva on the lens of the scope, leave it to dry for 5 mins at the very least. Then when you go back to look at it, the dried saliva can tell you whether you're fertile or not. Or more accurately how much estrogen is in your body.

The more estrogen you've got in your body, the more "ferns" you will see in your saliva. When I say ferns, it looks similar to frost on a car windscreen or a leafy kind of pattern. When there's little estrogen in your body you will not see many ferns. When there's no estrogen you will just see a load of random dots all over the place.

not fertile = dots
    transitional = small amount of ferns
    fertile = lots of ferning

Sometimes just before AF is due more ferns may appear because of the level of estrogen increasing to prepare for the period.

I wouldn't use this method on it's own to track fertility, but I like it as a back up next to tracking cm etc

Hope that made sense lol! xx

19. LaraJJ

LaraJJ Mummy to Tessa & bump!

That is really interesting - thanks :)

Think I may try that if I don't get my BFP this cycle :)

20. Tasha16

hey hun did u given in n do a test then? I know what u mean am rubbish at waiting, my af isnt due till the 7th n it seems 2 b taking forever 2 get there lol x