Confused whether I've ovulated

Lkg

Reaction score
This is my first month off birth control so I'm not really sure when I would ovulate or how long my cycles are going to be.
I've been trying to track with opk and so far I don't think I've had a positive. I'm cycle day 19 and the tests are still negative. However about four days ago I was having lots of cm for a few days of the consistency it should be when you ovulate. Also I took a opk And it was the darkest it had been, nearly as dark as the test line. Is it possible I could have ovulated and missed the surge....I have been doing the tests everyday.

When you first come off bc your body can try to ovulate a few times before it actually does. If your not oving or getting af still 4 months post bc see your doctor

If you're using ic opks they only work for 65% of people. I never get a line as dark as test control line yet I know I ov as I have all other signs like cramps ewcm etc. with my DS I stopped taking bcp mid cycle and was pregnsnt within 4 days! This time I stopped taking it 6 months ago. We were ntnp but last month started ttc properly and I'm still not pregnant! Think it is just pot luck sometimes! FX for you x

It can take about 4 months for your body to settle back into it's natural cycle after using BC especially if you've been using it for a while. It also depends on the type of BC you've been using as some actually prevent or delay ovulation so there could still be contraceptive hormones in your system. The fact that you are getting ewcm is a really good sign though that your body is adjusting. I had the coil removed earlier this year and expected my cycle to go straight back to normal but for the first 2 months I ovulated really late but my body did settle back into a regular pattern.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->