Confused!!!

Sam1983

Reaction score
Hi All,
Approx 2 weeks ago i found out i was pregnant... long story short, my HCG was low.. started at 15, 72 hours later went to 40, then 48 hours later went to 75, then 140... then 72 hours later was only 206. Went for an internal scan and confirmed empty sac in uterus, doc told me to prepare to MC. The following day i miscarried. This was last Wednesday. Bleeding started as light, then by lunch time was quite heavy. That Friday i had a blood test and my levels were 160, so coming down obviously.
I bled like a period from wednesday - Sunday, then on sunday had a big gush, followed by a clot. Have had nothing since.
Now today, a week after the bleeding started i took a clear blue digital test as i was curious to see if my levels had come down, i was assuming because they only got to 206 that they wouldn't take long to come down to <5.
I got a positive 2-3 weeks... now I'm confused. I did 2 digitals whilst my hcg was being monitored and they never went past 1-2 weeks.
The thresholds for these tests are... 25-200 = 1-2 weeks & 200-2000 = 2-3 weeks. Meaning my levels have gone up according to these.
i'd be lying if i said i wasn't getting my hopes up, thinking that by some miracle i didn't really mc & i just had a bleed.
Has anyone had this happen before?
Im thinking maybe the conception indicator is just unreliable? :(

I would mention it to the doc, as your levels were coming down and you didn't get a 2-3 whilst it was happening I would ask for a second scan to check x

So sorry for your loss.

A friend of mine had an early miscarriage as well. I don't know her numbers but she received a positive test for four and a half weeks before her body reset itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->