Confused...

teenpregnant

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Tested this morning on one step (cheapies) and got two faint positives then tested on frer with same morning sample and got a complete negative?

Possible to just be false positive?

Attachments

• 63B6C831-C73C-47AF-9622-6B297E74434B.jpg
    63B6C831-C73C-47AF-9622-6B297E74434B.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 89
  • ADBD27C2-FD53-480D-9BFD-992523C9B63C.jpg
    ADBD27C2-FD53-480D-9BFD-992523C9B63C.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 83
Those ICs can sometimes give false positives but I doubt two would. How long was your sample sat out until you used the FRER? This can make a difference. Also those strips are a little more sensitive than the FRER so it's possible you're only just meeting the threshold for the strips whilst not quite meeting it for the FRER yet, it could show up tomorrow or the following day. Some tests work for some, and some don't for others. Like many women see positives on FRER before ICs, but sometimes some will see positives on ICs first. I have always seen positives on ICs first, but unfortunately they all resulted in chemicals so my levels just didn't increase enough for a FRER to detect it most of the time. I would retest tomorrow with the ICs and a FRER, or the following day

Thank you for your reply, I left the sample for a few hours (waiting for shop to open ��) I don’t personally believe it but done about 5 on IC’s now and all positive? Going to buy some more frer today and test again in the morning x

That's possibly why then, as the earlier you are, the less hCG there is in your urine and it disappears quite quickly from it when left out. Definitely retest with the FRER with a fresh sample. All five ICs can't be wrong

Those IC's look quite clear to me!

Good luck :dust:

The ics deffo look positive and strong positives too. Maybe try a different brand to frer xx

The ic’s look ver positive. Ive not had a great experience with frers this pregnancy so i dont think they are as sensitive as they used to be..when is af due?

Thank you for all the replies!

I’m not sure when AF is due as I haven’t had a period since October 1st (been very irregular) had bleeding last Sunday but only lasted a couple of hours and very light?

I took a Clearblue which was very faint then went pretty much negative.

I posted on netmums and someone else had similar one step tests and turned out not to be pregnant so not sure where I stand.

Going to try to withhold from testing for a few days now xx

Thank you I will keep you all updated but not feeling like it’s going to amount to anything xx

Update- bfn on frer and one step today so assuming they were false positives x

I'm sorry :( could have been false, possibly a chemical - I have had lots of those and only got positives on 10mIU tests most of the time :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->