Confused

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by abarker6, Jan 26, 2011.

1. abarker6

abarker6 Well-Known Member

hi everyone my name is abbee, i need some help. ok so last weekend i had taken 2 pregnancy tests and they both turned up positive so i made a doctors appointment. well went to doctors yesterday and they told me that im not pregnant??? how could this be?? both the tests were light but you could see the second line. they told me that if i havent started my period by the end of next week to go back in. im just really confused, please help.

2. Nanaki

Nanaki Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!

If the doctor said you aren't, you can ask them to send your urine simple off to the lab. Nowdays, the pregnancy tests are more accurutes. I ring up and ask for urine sample for them to test, they said they arent doing it anymore so put me onto system and book an appt to see a midwife. :hugs: xxx

3. K4tiemay

K4tiemay Well-Known Member

Did your GP do a test? Mine never does - he just says he believes me. Is that not normal?
    I was surprised the first time he didn't test me.
    I have my fingers crossed for you anyway xx

4. abc123x

abc123x Well-Known Member

Could have had an early miscarriage without knowing it.

5. abarker6

i havent had any bleeding, my sister was surpised that they didnt do a blood test like they did with her.

6. tootsweets

tootsweets Well-Known Member

Hey

Not sure if this si the same as what happened to me. I went to my GP after about 8(!) positive home tests. He did another test and said 'well, there is a line, but, its really not very strong, you are only 2 days pregnant, so, you are going to have to come back this time next week'. Well, i can't be a little bit pregnant can I? I wanted to shout 'A Line is A Line'!

Good luck to you, and I hope you get a clear answer. All I can say is home tests are much more sensitive than doctors tests.

7. cliqmo

cliqmo Well-Known Member

Hi Abbee :wave:

What did you say to him to make him think you might not be?
    When was your last period?

It seems a bit strange for the GP to say you're not pregnant without good reason for doing so? :wacko:

8. abarker6

all i did was do a urine test and he came in and said that im not pregnant, i had explained to him that last period was dec 7th and it lasted 1 day which isnt normal for me. he just said that to keep testing if no period and to go back in end of next week. im just really confused.

9. abc123x

You don't have to. It's called a missed miscarriage. It is common and you don't even know it. Only time will tell. They usually don't do bloodwork without a confirmed urine test. If there isn't enough hormones to make a urine test positive, they don't want to check your levels, as it is time consuming in the lab and costs more money for you.

10. K4tiemay

K4tiemay Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say for sure that you're not pregnant - the docs urine test will be no stronger than your hpt. Have you tried another one at home?

11. cliqmo

cliqmo Well-Known Member

They test urine for a hormone called HcG, which increases dramatically in first two months of pregnancy. As (taking December period as start point) you would be 6wks pregnant you should have enough of the HcG in your urine for his test to come up positive... HOWEVER if your last period was really light it might be that you are actually 10-12wks pregnant (as the one in December wasn't an actual period) and if this is the case the hormone level would have dropped again!!

Do you have the pregnancy tests in the States which tell you how pregnant you are? They sell them in the UK called Clearblue Digital, it might be worth buying one :)

12. abc123x

I agree with K4tiemay... head to the store. Try a different brand and see what it says. The doctor's tests are supposed to be stronger, but they're actually the same.

13. abarker6

ya we do have those, i will head to the store and take it this weekend, thank you so much ladies you have really easied my confusion.

14. lovelymummie

lovelymummie Member

im having the same issue would love to know what happens x x

15. abarker6

i will keep you all posted and if there are any ladies that had this problem and still went on to have a H&H prengancy i would love to hear your stories.