Confused

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by shasar, Oct 11, 2008.

1. shasar

shasar New Member

I dont know if anyone can help me as I am new to this TTC stuff. My periods are three days late - they are usually regular - I only had one previous time when I had a late period (as I had to go for a test and needed to go on a certain day so I think I made myself crazy and they came late).
    I have been taking naprogesic because I felt like I had period pain but its gone away. Since I have been off the pill (two years) I have been very sick due to my periods (period pain, hormones all over the place) and have put on a lot of weight - can getting fat (e.g 20kgs in one year) make your periods irregular?
    I dont have any PCOD or endometriosis - but I am 35
    Is me thinking about all this making them late and am I just going crazy?
    Or is my fatness affecting my periods?
    Why would my periods be late (Home pregnancy text x 3 is negative) even though I feel like I should have them?
    Have a happy day out there
    Shasar

2. Waiting2bMommy

Waiting2bMommy Levi and Jax's Mommy!

Hey,

I've heard that a excessive weight gain can cause your periods to be off, not sure if its true or not but i've read it on a few medical websites. As for the testing.. I think that I do it too... I want it so bad that my mind makes my period late. The mind truly is a powerful thing. Usually as soon as I take that test and get a "no" my period starts right up. haha.

Good Luck!

3. Elli21

Elli21 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to bnb :hi:
    Im sure if you head ot the TTC section they will have all the answers for you :)
    XX

4. shasar

shasar New Member

Thanks so much
    Since I stopped the pill I am sick off work one week a month with severe pain and bleeding - I am always tired and end up lying around eating. Going from 65kgs to 85 kgs in one year is so bad for me considering I have never been overweight before. Its so depressing but I just cant do anything to help myself.
    Ill just have to try and diet somehow to get pregnant. I thought this would be easy you know and I can just see that its going to be a loooonnnnng battle
    Thanks hey

5. doctordeesmrs

doctordeesmrs Mummy to 2 boys TTC #3

6. shasar

shasar New Member

Thanks heaps
    I will keep looking around - Its much better having other women to ask questions off than me searching for an answer
    Have a happy day

7. lynz

lynz mum of 2 princesses

:hi: welcome to baby and bump

8. DolceBella

DolceBella Mum of 2 Gingers!!

Welcome to BnB!

9. bambikate

bambikate Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls

welcome to BnB x x