Confused!

ajac0586

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first child and I'm a little confused. I know there are a lot of hormonal changes and such. When I first found out I was really excited, but it didn't feel like I was actually pregnant. I have been a little nauseated, but nothing too extreme. I've been bloated and crampy. But I still don't really feel like I am pregnant. I am over 5 weeks along. I had more than one BFP. My period is over a week late. I have some signs of pregnancy, but I have only told my best friend. I am too nervous to tell my family because I still don't feel like I am actually pregnant. Does anyone understand what I am saying? My mom and I are really close and I want to share the news some time next week, but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't tell her because then I'll have to turn around and say, oops, sorry, not pregnant. I know this sounds crazy, but I was just hoping someone out there would understand! I know I'm pregnant, but I feel like I am not. The signs are there and the changes are there. My breasts are swollen, I'm bloated, I have cramps......everything pointing to a pregnancy. But, I still just don't feel like it. Maybe it's because this is a big life change? Thanks for you help!

Hi sweet a lot of people don't *feel* pregnant until they see baby on the ultrasound x if you get morning sickness that will make it feel more real lol!

It STILL doesn't feel real to me! In total, I took 6 pregnancy tests, because some of the lines were faint. My sister had me take one at her house, but I think it might have been due to non belief. But I didn't have any morning sickness, just had sore boobies and cramping like crazy.

i understand what your saying..your still really early so more symptoms will come!!trust me !!maybe you should wait until your dr. confirms that you are pregnant, then you will probably feel more confident about telling people. ive told family because ive had three positive tests but im still going to keep it hush hush unitl the dr. confirms it...good luck

Your symptoms are bound to kick in soon (though some women dont ever get any really)
Share your news with your mum, she will be happy and understand your feelings. Being able to talk about it will make it seem much more real too.
Congratulations, You're pregnant!

Congratulations! I do a test every week just to check I'm still pregnant and I haven't dreamt it all up!. I told my Mum straight away, and she was so excited. Your mum will be too. And if the worst happens then she will be there for you, she won't think you are making it up. You have the test to prove it!

i did around 15 preg tests, had a scan at 6w, still didnt rly believe it. when i saw the hb at 8w thats when it started to sink in. its just a big life change and needs time to sink in i think.

you are preg tho, congrats!

It's really early. It takes a while to sink in. Even when I was nauseous all day and tired and bloated and gassy. It still doesn't feel really. Only when I listen to the HB does it seem real. It's just hard to fathom this little baby floating around in there. It's crazy!

I know exactly what you mean and still feel it.
When I first told all my family I felt like I was a little attention seeking liar and had made it all up.
Couldn't understand how my body was capable of creating another little person.

When you are further along I strongly suggest a doppler, has made it feel a lot more real for me as can heart heart beat when ever I want :).
Also great for bonding with OH and baby xxx.

dont get the angelsounds one tho, its total shit. i cant hear anything apart from my guts, friend whos 18w cant hear anything either. im selling mine on ebay, make sure not to buy it :p

I have an angel sounds and have heard baby clear as anything from 11 weeks.
You may not be using it correctly or not had a good condition one?

it hisses all the time even on speakers, maybe a duff one but a friend has one and shes 18w and hears nothing. bought a bebe off someone from here, lets hope it works better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->