Confused

em44

Reaction score
:wacko:
Hi guys,

Am very confused now and new on here. Can anyone give me any advice?? I did an ovulation predictor test yesterday morning which was very positive, I AI last night and have just done another test now which is negative, so don't understand. The tests that I did before yesterday were also negative but I woke up yesterday morning with ovulation pain in my left side and egg white mucus so felt like I was ovulating.
So, is it possible that conception occured last night, hence why I'm not ovulating anymore?? please advise.

Thank you
Emma

It could mean you had a short LH surge, and that you ovulated last night :) hope you've been BDing! xx

hey, wondering if someone can give me some advice, ive only been a member on here bout a week, im 2 days past my period date and i have the tests that are supposed to be 10miu, for the first time today ive had a very faint line but does that still mean im not :/ or is it a good thing, this is all new to me n sooooo frustrating :(

Is the line coloured missycrissy? A line is a line! Try testing again tomorrow xx

Thank you ferens06, I'm so new to it. I have indeed, we have tried again tonight. I never thought this would be so stressful or consuming. :( :)

OPKs show an LH surge. Ov can happen 12-48 hrs after this surge. The pain that you're feeling also occurs around the time of ov, but you won't ever feel the follicle popping and the egg being released. Keep in mind that just because the stick showed an LH surge, it doesn't actually mean that you ovulated. The follicle might not pop, and not release an egg.

How do you know if thats whats happening? Sorry might seem like a dumb question but am very new to this. I can tell when I'm ovulating every month by the ache/pain and the CM.

hey , thx for reply i have done 4 other tests and confirmed BFP, nerves kicking in now though lol xx

@missycrissy - congratulations hun!

@em44 - only an ultrasound around the time of ov will show if the follicle is popping. They will measure the size, and tell you to come back in an x amount of days (depending on the size of the follicle which grows around 1-2mm a day and normally pops when its around 21-25mm). If there's liquid in the pouch of Douglas, then it means you ovulated.
A progestorone test 7 days after ov will also show whether you ovulated. This one is a bit difficult as you need to know when you ovulate in order to count the 7 days. That's why the blood test should normally be done with ultrasound scanning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->