Confused :(

Molatov

Mum to Dexter
Reaction score
Hi all, I am confused and need reassuring or just generally to talk :( Warning: This thread contains an awful lot of weeing on a stick...

So, I have been TTC #1 for 10 months, my cycles vary from 25 days to 35 days, so I never really properly know when my period is due - I use an app on my phone which keeps an average of cycle length, and I should have been due today.

Yesterday, I had not had any signs of spotting or bleeding as I normally do before my periods, so on a whim, I decided to test using a cheapy dip strip. It came back positive, so in disbelief I did another test the next time I needed the loo (another dip strip) and then a Clearblue Digital test. Both came back positive, and the Clearblue said 2-3 weeks on the conception indicator. I did a little happy dance, but obviously know that it's ridiculously early days - I feel a bit crampy and almost like my period is coming, which feels really odd.

This morning, I did another dip strip with FMU and it came back super faint, so I did another, which was also faint. At this point I was panicking, so did the other Clearblue digital in the pack, which came back positive, but came up with 1-2 weeks instead of 2-3 like the night before. Another dip strip this afternoon came back very faint (but obviously there, if that makes sense).

Now I'm worrying because I'm terrified it could be a chemical pregnancy, as there were some tiny traces of brown spotting and sort of eggwhitey consistency stuff today.

Do I need to worry that the tests were paler this mornign and the conception indicator thing changed?

ARGHSHODSDOSHDSDHSJDAJDJS!!!

No need to panic yet - the concentration of hCG in your urine depends on a lot of factors and normal fluctuations early on can easily give you slightly different test results because there's not much there yet. I would wait a couple days and then test again.

Congrats on your BFP! :)

Hi! Congrats on the positives :) Don't really think anyone can tell you for sure if that is cause for concern but what I do know is....pregnancy especially early on, I've learned feels alot like you are going to get your period. I am 10 weeks now and still have cramps from time to time that feel like AF. I had one day of brown spotting right around when I found out I was pregnant, that I was pretty concerned about and my dr said it was implantation bleeding and nothing to worry over. I haven't had any since (except after a pap at my ob visit)...but the symptoms I do feel, feel alot like a period. So the cramping and spotting not necessarily bad things. I would call your dr and see if they can book you for an early scan, or at least do bloodwork to check your levels. Hopefully you will get some peace of mind. The first trimester is constant worry and waiting for me!!!!! Congrats again and best of luck :hugs:

Congrats on your bfp!!! I agree with both the other posters. Brown spotting is normal in many cases, and I would worry about the differences of the ics. It all depends how diluted your urine is at the time of testing.

Congratulations. Sure everything if fine, wait a day or two, try not to drink loads before bed and test first thing - if its positive again I'm sure you'll be fine these are supposed to give you an indication of how far along you are - they are not conclusive proof IMO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->