• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Confusion over dates .. how far along?

fizz63

Reaction score
Hi. I have only just found out i am pregnant yesterday :)cloud9:) so this is my first post in this section ....

I am abit confused by the whole dating thing. I saw my doctor yesterday and she dates me (as i undetstand they do) - from the first day of my last period which makes me about 5 weeks.

How does this work when you literally know when the bean was conceived. My oh and i only managed twice this month and this was on 6th and 8th August. should i therefore not be dated from then - which would actually make me around 3 weeks ?

i am confused. i want to look on internet and see what my new little bean is doing now etc but i am not sure whether to look at 3 weeks or 5 weeks ?

any advice anyone ? :shrug:

Hi Fizz, add two weeks onto the time you know you conceived :) - so 5 is good :)

I'm confused by this too... Dr said I'm 6 weeks on monday coming but that's not true is it...!

Does anyone know why the Dr dates it like this?

Thanks

this is just the way that doctors and midwifes date you. Not sure why, but they all do it! 5 weeks sounds good to me, if you are any further or less a long, your due date will be adjusted when you have your 12 week scan xx

They just tap on two weeks no matter what..If ithere's a few days difference in due dates, nothing really matters..they don't go off of date of concetion because most women don't know it. I know the conception week, but not the day..Between the 4th of July and my birthday one week later...that was a good week for us! GG

They add 2 weeks because that's how long the egg took to get to the point of conception and your date starts at the very beginning of the process when the egg is released. When you are looking online for the baby's progress, use the doctors date. It's pretty rare for anyone or anything online to use the age from conception instead of the age the doctor gave you. So you are officially 5wks along! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"