Confusion over opks

sunshine82

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Another positive opk day 5 in a row what's going on?!?!? I could either be on ov day or if I believe first opk and ewcm I could be as much as 7dpo !!! (To add to confusion I've had two sets of pos opks this month a smily with ewcm and cramps but neg IC on cd 15) and this set of positive opks starting on CD18 now cd 22! Severe cramps pm cd20 so assume ovulation.
Normally would ovulate cd21/22 with 11/12 day LP. Just confused why 5 day surge......
Any help would be amazing thanks and wishing you all the best for this TWW xx

I had positive opk's and couldn't figure out why....I took a pregnancy test and it was positive! Found out thru that experience that an opk can sometimes detect pregnancy! Good luck!!

Hi ladies

Another positive opk day 5 in a row what's going on?!?!? I could either be on ov day or if I believe first opk and ewcm I could be as much as 7dpo !!! (To add to confusion I've had two sets of pos opks this month a smily with ewcm and cramps but neg IC on cd 15) and this set of positive opks starting on CD18 now cd 22! Severe cramps pm cd20 so assume ovulation.
Normally would ovulate cd21/22 with 11/12 day LP. Just confused why 5 day surge......
Any help would be amazing thanks and wishing you all the best for this TWW xx

Hey,
Not sure I can be of any help but in a similar boat, also should be OV'ing CD21/22. This is my first month trying OPKs and I'm extremely confused about when or even if I'm ovulating. I tested with the clearblue smiley and had 3 days of negatives testing AM and positives testing PM.
The only advice I can share, if you are using the clearblue smileys, after the first smiley, according to a number of posts ive read, once we see a smiley we should stop testing. I'm not sure how true or accurate that is but if id gone with my first smiley I'm currently 3dpo and we dtd last night. I had EWCM on Wednesday with backache and cramps, nothing in between but horrendous cramping and bloating yesterday.
Our bodies are amazing but ever so confusing :dohh:
Did you cover yourself and dtd throughout the positive results you were getting?
Wishing you all the best and I hope someone is able to share some more thoughts for you :flower:

Thank you both for your replies :)

Livforhim! Yes I heard that too hehee it sure would be good if this is a sign!
I did POAS this morning I know really shouldn't have though! I was sure I saw something too lol but prob wishful thinking as its way too early! At most I could be 7/8 dpo at least 1dpo.

Buttercup! Ah sorry you are going through this confusion too I have found I get positive in pm as I think we may produce LH in night but it's not enough to show until afternoon at least that's what I think I read but it all confuses me so much! I would say Wednesday sounds positive for you as ewcm and cramping I had horrendous cramping on Saturday so I could have been ovulating then as my opks have all been dark for five days since last weds!

Hope you both get lovely bfps this month! Thanks again for your replies!

Here's my test from this morning with my imaginary line haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 12
It's so hard not too isn't it! I can't wait to get testing... I tell myself I'm going to leave it until 10dpo but I always give in!! :dohh:

Wish u all the best! Keep us posted won't u :flower:

Thanks buttercup good luck to you too! Will keep post going with updates over the next week or so :) x

Hi don't know if you saw my other post I think I may have my bfp did another test last night have a look at my thread if you like I think it's start of something! There's a pic of the test both real life and enhanced I'm cautiously optimistic but will test again Thursday x

Here's the link below

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/two-week-wait/2400404-feint-positive-frer.html#post37533766

Eeekkk!! Can definitely see a line in the second pic! Looks very promising... How many dpo are you now? So excited for you!!! Xx

Thank you buttercup!
I'm real confuse dpo wise but I'm going to count from first one so I'd be 8/9 today the smily test taken on cd15 assume ov cd16 and I'm cd25 today! But I had IC turn positive from cd18 so I'm confused but there's no way if ov on cd18 id be getting feint bfp? How's things going your end xX

It's extremely confusing isn't it! When r u going to take another test?
9 days until I can test. As I'm still very early on in the dpo I think my mind is convincing me that every little twinge etc is a sign of early pregnancy lol! With my previous pregnancies My most accurate sign I was pregnant were heart palpitations but they came nearer to my missed period. I'm convinced I've missed my window this month though so I'm eagerly waiting for AF which should come 22nd July but I guess we never know! Xx

Hey buttercup! I got all bfns after this test but starting last night I had a feint line this morning I got 2more feint ones and a bfp on a Digi!!! I'm pregnant!!!! Oh my gosh I am so scared but over the moon!!!! Thanks for all your help! X

Hey buttercup! I got all bfns after this test but starting last night I had a feint line this morning I got 2more feint ones and a bfp on a Digi!!! I'm pregnant!!!! Oh my gosh I am so scared but over the moon!!!! Thanks for all your help! X

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Yay!!!
Reassuring to hear you had a run of bfns before a bfp! I gave in and stupidly took a test this weekend even though AF isn't due until Friday - of course got a bfn! Holding out till Thursday to retest.
Hope to join you in 1st Trimester soon!!

Again, massive congratulations!!!!! Xx
:hugs:

My usual ovulation on cd21/22 must've been my true ovulation date! I'm sure the dodgy test isn't linked to this bfp as I've had bfns on regular and digis in between and this bfp would line up with my regular ovulation! Off to doctors this morning!! With my history of pre eclampsia I will see obstetric consultant at 6 weeks I believe!

Thanks so much for being so supportive to me.
I hope you get your bfp this month! I will be keeping fingers crossed we could be bump buddies :))) xx

Good luck at the doctors! Fingers crossed everything's okay!
Was lovely having each other for support!
Hopefully we can be bump buddies. I'll repost once I take my next test and let you know the outcome!
I'm sceptical, but I'm holding on!
Look after yourself!
:hugs:

AF due today so took a Clearblue digital - BFN! I'm absolutely gutted! Just going to have to wait for AF now and try again next month. Hope your well! Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy :hugs: X

Hi Buttercup :hugs:

Thank you too for your support. I hope you are okay I'm sorry about the bfn lovely I know how much they hurt to see. If your af hasn't arrived yet though you are still in it and I've heard digis may not be as sensitive maybe try again in a couple of days? I'm thinkin of u and hope you see that bfp really soon.

What a emotional journey ttc is sometimes.

I'm doing okay thanks I went to doctor and I've been given an urgent referall to hospital team as they wanted to see me at week six due to the pre eclampsia I had with my ds. Still waiting to hear from them.

I'm not having that many symptoms really been getting cramps, bbs twinhes and sorry tmi Diahreah and a bit teary but pretty much feel okay! I had my sickness start at 6 weeks last time so I'm just over a week away from there!

I can't believe it I'm still in shock!

Anyway thinking of you lovely and hope that af stays away. I'll wait with you on your journey and will keep this thread going or pm me xx

Hi Buttercup :hugs:

Thank you too for your support. I hope you are okay I'm sorry about the bfn lovely I know how much they hurt to see. If your af hasn't arrived yet though you are still in it and I've heard digis may not be as sensitive maybe try again in a couple of days? I'm thinkin of u and hope you see that bfp really soon.

What a emotional journey ttc is sometimes.

I'm doing okay thanks I went to doctor and I've been given an urgent referall to hospital team as they wanted to see me at week six due to the pre eclampsia I had with my ds. Still waiting to hear from them.

I'm not having that many symptoms really been getting cramps, bbs twinhes and sorry tmi Diahreah and a bit teary but pretty much feel okay! I had my sickness start at 6 weeks last time so I'm just over a week away from there!

I can't believe it I'm still in shock!

Anyway thinking of you lovely and hope that af stays away. I'll wait with you on your journey and will keep this thread going or pm me xx

Oh hun, hope your referral goes well. Always better to be safe than sorry so it's great they've referred you. I hope it all goes okay.

Symptoms sound good, all show signs that things are happening but not too heavy that they prevent you from day to day activities. I bet it won't be until your first scan that you truly believe it's all happening!! I was the same with my previous pregnancies! So happy for you though!! 5 weeks already! Let's hope the sickness isn't too bad if it kicks in at 6 weeks for you.

Thank you for sticking with me. No sign whatsoever of AF today. I'm trying not get my hopes up. It's stupid, I honestly thought I was pregnant! I've had all the symptoms that indicate it to me:

Backache
Heart Palpitations
Pain in top of left thigh
Headaches
Twinges in and around ovaries

All positive signs for me with previous I pregnancies and resulted in positives! Could be that my body is misbehaving and I'm clutching at symptoms that could indicate AF.

Will keep you posted as I go.

Thank you for your continued support! Means alot to me. You and bubba are in my thoughts... Keep me posted too! Wishing you all the best! :hugs: Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->