Confusion with ovulation tests after MC

sue247

Reaction score
Hi all, i had a MMC just over 4 weeks ago. We decided that we would try again as soon as my bleeding stopped. At day 14 i thought i was Ov so we bd. Then it felt like i was a week later as i was getting a lot of stretchy cerical mucus again. It really feels like my body is playing games with me as i felt like i was again a couple of days ago. I gave in and bought some Ov strips and they have shown a very strong positive for the last 2 days. I am now on day 32!

I am so confused what is going on with my body. Has anyone else had positive ov tests so late after a MMC? Also for the last 2 weeks i have had a strange period like pain, almost like ov pains - but for the last 2 weeks!.:shrug. I dont know if i can trust the ov tests as it doesnt seem right!

hello sorry for your loss, did you have your hcg levels checked to make sure they were decreasing after yur miscarriage as hcg can stay in your system for up to six weeks after miscarriage ,this happened to me and was giving me pos preg test and ovulation tests,i think this is sometimes why docs say wait til you have a proper af before trying again this can take up tp six weeks to happen ,hope this is of some help to you x

lilboo is correct huns opks will pick up hcg and give u a pos if its still in ur system, did u have ur levels checked after ur MMC to see if they dropped back to nothing, if so then id say that all the previous cm u had was ur body gearing up for ov and the cm and pains and pos opk u got now is truly ov, its also not unusual to have late ov after a MMC hence why docs tell u to expect af in 4 to 8 weeks time.
id get bedding anyways huns as u never know, u could always take a hpt and if its neg then ur defo oving huns and if its pos u can assume that the opk is picking hcg up and that ur body has not fully recovered yet xxxx

Thanks lilbo and charliemarina, i took a HPT 2 weeks after the mc and last week and both were nagative so i must be ovulating then!

Thanks lilbo and charliemarina, i took a HPT 2 weeks after the mc and last week and both were nagative so i must be ovulating then!

then id defo say u either oving (if so get going girl) or u have a new pregnancy, u could always test again using a cheap test and if still neg then u know for 100% its ov time xx

hi if your hpt were neg ,then defo ov , good luck to you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->