• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Confusion with purees!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I am feeding connah pureed carrot,potato,broccoli and cauliflower atm but HV said to also try him with pureed apple,pear and other soft fruits.

Now he has his food after his 4pm feed but surely this should just be vegies and not fruit?

Do we give vegies and maybe fruits another day?
Im just worried he will want sweet all the time if i give him pear or apple and not want the veg:shrug:
...or do we do the fruit as a little dessert after the veggies?confuzzled:wacko:

Oh and when do we introduce desserts after meals?

Also in a few weeks i am going to give him some puree at lunchtime too(on advice of HV)...so he will have 2 meals a day but not in place of formula of course:thumbup:
But when i give him puree at 12pm afer his feed,do you think he will push back his next feed from 4pm to like 5pm? Just so he has his Next food at tea time ish? Then obv have his bedtime feed at 8pm.

Sorry this is jumbled but its soooo hard trying to get my head round all of this!:dohh:

|For an example Alex has in a day

7am 7oz ofmilk
9am 3 oz of milk and baby rice
12 6ox of milk and a veg puree
2.30pm 5oz of milk
5pm 5oz of milk and a veg or fruit puree
9pm 70z of milk

Alex isnt keen on any veg puree unless i put baby rice in it to make it that bit creamier HV said not to worry as savory is better at this age lol

Yeah sorry i meant Alex isnt keen on any fruit puree, was typing one handed yesterday. My HV said not to worry too much about the fruit, i have tried mashed banana, apple, pear and mango all without success he seems to enjoy the savory tastes more.
Guess all babies are different some love the sweeter things and some don't.

My LO hated/ hates veges and find it very hard to get them into her. She has always preferred fruits. At the start you are meant to introduce a new flavour every 3-4 days, it's only a matter of time before you cycle through every vege out there and then will need to introduce fruits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"