Confusion with purees!

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Connah'sMommy, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

I am feeding connah pureed carrot,potato,broccoli and cauliflower atm but HV said to also try him with pureed apple,pear and other soft fruits.

Now he has his food after his 4pm feed but surely this should just be vegies and not fruit?

Do we give vegies and maybe fruits another day?
    Im just worried he will want sweet all the time if i give him pear or apple and not want the veg:shrug:
    ...or do we do the fruit as a little dessert after the veggies?confuzzled:wacko:

Oh and when do we introduce desserts after meals?

Also in a few weeks i am going to give him some puree at lunchtime too(on advice of HV)...so he will have 2 meals a day but not in place of formula of course:thumbup:
    But when i give him puree at 12pm afer his feed,do you think he will push back his next feed from 4pm to like 5pm? Just so he has his Next food at tea time ish? Then obv have his bedtime feed at 8pm.

Sorry this is jumbled but its soooo hard trying to get my head round all of this!:dohh:

2. Aidedhoney

Aidedhoney Mum of Nats & Alex

|For an example Alex has in a day

7am 7oz ofmilk
    9am 3 oz of milk and baby rice
    12 6ox of milk and a veg puree
    2.30pm 5oz of milk
    5pm 5oz of milk and a veg or fruit puree
    9pm 70z of milk

Alex isnt keen on any veg puree unless i put baby rice in it to make it that bit creamier HV said not to worry as savory is better at this age lol

3. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

So stick with the savoury for now then :D x

4. Aidedhoney

Aidedhoney Mum of Nats & Alex

Yeah sorry i meant Alex isnt keen on any fruit puree, was typing one handed yesterday. My HV said not to worry too much about the fruit, i have tried mashed banana, apple, pear and mango all without success he seems to enjoy the savory tastes more.
    Guess all babies are different some love the sweeter things and some don't.

5. kiwimama

kiwimama Soon to be family of 4!

My LO hated/ hates veges and find it very hard to get them into her. She has always preferred fruits. At the start you are meant to introduce a new flavour every 3-4 days, it's only a matter of time before you cycle through every vege out there and then will need to introduce fruits!