Confusion

rukushika

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just want to have an advice or any suggestion that would clear my doubts with my partner. My partners last menstrual period was may 18, 2014 and we had ttc on may 21, 2014 after that no signs of any pregnancy and again we had ttc on june 17, 2014 after that june 22, 2014 she said her menstrual period did not come and check with pregnancy test the result was positive.

Question:

1. Based on the dates i have given would it be possible to conceive a baby?
2. With respect to the dates given, my partner has showed already some signs of pregnancy (nausea and vomiting) a week before may 18, 2014. Is she already pregnant by that time?

Hi there, based on the dates given no it wouldnt have been possible to conceive in May, as woman generally ovulates 14 (give or take) days after the first day of her period. Did she have a period in June? If so when did it start? Then count 14 days from the first day of her june cycle and if you had sex around that date then she could have conceived in june, but no HPT would give a + result a few days after having had sex with her. I too would be confused about when she fell pregnant, are ypu asking because you are unsure if you are indeed the father?

Thank you so much for your reply.

Actually you are right that i'm not sure if i am the father of what she bears now in her womb. In your question "Did she have a period in June?" the answer is NO as per what she said to me that her period in the month of june did not come and at that month also (june) that is June 22 she took a pregnancy test with a result of +. That is 6days after our last sex (june 17).

1. Can you help me trace what is her possible period in month of june (days)?

2. is there any possible way to conclude that I am or I am not the father of what she bears now?

>>> As to what you are you reply it means that it is impossible to conceive a baby with those particular date/s that were having sex. Correct me if i'm wrong in my analysis from your reply.

Not impossible at all, and the only way to know for sure is a DNA test. Some women ovulate much later than the average 14 days and it is entirely possible your partner was pregnant even before her last period in May. Lots of women still get what they believe is a period after they become pregnant. As I said before, it is entirely possible the baby is yours and only a DNA test will be able to tell you for sure.

Hi again,

First off, let me begin by saying that nothing is impossible in this world. BUT it is higjly unlikely that she conceived from the dates that you say you had sex. And from your sex in June, it takes 7-12 for implantation to occur then a couple more days for enough horomones to be present for an HPT to detect a +, so I'd say she likely didn't conceive from your sex in June.

Are you certain you and her didnt have sex at any other time in May? You are postive you only had sex in May on the 21st? A mere 3 days after her period began? Was her period in May only 3 days long and a normal bleed or whas it short and less bleeding than usual? It is possible that she conceived near the end of April.

No I cannot help you figure out what days her period should have been on in June, every womans cycle is different therefore making it hard to determine the dates of a strangers cycle. Sorry.

And the only sure fire way to determine if you are in fact the father is by performing an in utero DNA test, or waiting until the baby is born and having a paternity test done.

Good luck, and I hope you get the answer ypu are wanting:)

Hi all!

thank you for your replies.. i greatly appreciate it and it helps me clear my mind.

one thing i want to add.

!. If in this week we conduct ultrasound, what would be the result/s?
2. Based on the ultrasound results, can I get a conclusion that the baby was conceive before we had sex?

Sounds to me like you don't trust your partner.
Have you discussed this with her?

It is possible the baby is yours. As a previous poster stated she could have been pregnant and still had bleeding.
Was the sex 3 days after her period started or ended. If you had sex 3 days after her period ended she could have become pregnant too.
On ultrasound you will be able to have a good idea of when the baby was conceived (remember two weeks is added to actual conception date) if she has an early ultrasound.

Oh, and nausea and vomiting certainly aren't only pregnancy signs. I have both frequently when not pregnant.

actually i don't trust her now.

"If you had sex 3 days after her period ended she could have become pregnant too."

based on your reply is it possible to conceive a baby 3 days after her period? and from that date May 18, 2014 was her last period and we had sex May 21, 2014 would it give a pregnancy test a positive result taken on June 22, 2014?

Well its not very likely that she could have conceived 3 days after her period. Im not saying the baby isn't yours, anything IS possible. You need to do a DNA test before you can know for certain if the babe is yours or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"