Considering baby number 5

NickyNack

Mum of 3 girls, soon 4!!
Reaction score
My husband and I are thinking about baby number 5. We have four girls currently and have just bought a house in September. I’m about to graduate from university (Social Work).

I had 4 c sections
* failed induction, fetal distress - category 1 emergency (highest)
* elective - breech
* elective - breech
* failed VBAC after 19hr labour - category 3 emergency (low)

I’ve resigned myself to never having a VBAC so I’ll have another c section if I’m having another baby. At my last birth, the surgeon said that I was good for another csection (as long as I know the increased risk) but also that my uterus was paper thin. So it was a bit conflicting, I need to get that clarified.

Also I’m bipolar. I was diagnosed after my last birth and had a really hard time for a while with my mental health. I breastfed for 14 weeks but it wasn’t working out and I took that hard, which didn’t help. I’m not currently on meds as I came off them in preparation for ttc

I don’t know why I’m posting this here... I guess I just wanted to write it down and see if anyone is going through similar.

:)

Hello
I’m also wtt only based on the appointment to get my implant taken out.

I say go for it, it’s not like it’s anything you’ve never done before and once you have 4 what is one more haha

Partner and I aren't together at present due to my issues with anger so that needs to be resolved and positive change happening before he will consider coming home. But we have also talked about the possibility of a #5. We have 4 boys and he wants a little girl - I do too. We will see. Even if we aren't together the possibility of one more baby is there anyhow. My anger issues aside (and we think my childhood is the trigger as I argue with my 2 eldest like kids do) we actually get along really well. He and the 2 eldest just can't be here until later on.

I’m coping really well being off my meds, I’ve had 2 bereavements, work full time, have a daughter with additional needs and two teenagers and I’m managing fine. I’m also on the middle of writing my dissertation and assignments and no one actually knows I’m bipolar unless I tell them so I guess I’m high functioning! I just worry that my broodiness will continue and I’ll never be “done”. But also I’m worried about the risks, not just for pregnancy but what effect that will have on my life afterwards - I’m a good mum and don’t want that to be jeopardised. I guess I’m unsure. Plus, bipolar means I’m quite compulsive and I am doubting myself because what if it’s compulsion making me broody (even though it’s been like this for a good while!)

Hey! We also have 4 (all boys) I’m currently feeling like I could be pregnant, but seems unlikely. I think I’d like another but at the moment hubby says he really doesn’t :( also like you have a mental health condition, a borderline personality disorder which is quite similar to bipolar disorder. How old are your youngest? Mine is 17 months almost xx

My youngest will be 6 in a couple months. I believe my daughter has BPD but is only 13 so hasn’t been diagnosed yet. The classic symptoms are there. Hope you’re doing ok, it’s not easy to love with either BP !

I dont think the feeling ever goes away for some of us:) If you are all happy then go for it:)

Well today hubby as agreed to another! He’s really come round to the idea! Said we just have to sort a few things first but will start some time this year! I swear I’ll have names picked out before we even start trying haha xx

Thank you! What’s it like having 4 daughters? I can’t imagine lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->