considering buying a manual pump to use during night

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by helz81, Dec 19, 2009.

1. helz81

helz81 Mum of 3

I have a medela swing that I use during the day time but I think it would be too noisy to use during the night (lo is in a cot next to our bed)
    I'm thinking that while lo is feeding, I could be expressing off the boob he isn't eating from,just to relieve discomfort really. Anyone else do this and does it work out for you ok?

2. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

I use the swing, and always pump in the morning in bed. But I haven't tried during the night, but tbh I wouldn't say it was too loud. I have a manual pump too.. but personally I feel as if my breasts are being violated, so tend to avoid using it!

3. quaints

quaints Well-Known Member

I've thought the same, as my LO would wake up if I used the electric one so I used to get up and express into the bathroom sink to give me enough comfort to go to sleep. I'm glad I didn't spend the money now tho, as my milk settled down once LO started to sleep for longer periods and my body realised the milk wasn't needed.