Constant BH

LeeMacca

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I have constant braxton hix and was wondering if anyone knows why this happens and if I can do anything to stop it. Two days now of literally all the time. No word of a lie. a Only time I dont have it all the time when I am laying down. Sitting or standing or walking, it does not go away. Anyone experiencing this? I am 34.5 weeks preggo.

It might be a sign that you're overdoing it maybe? I get them constantly if I'm not rested enough or if im dehydrated. Although if I get concerned about their strength/frequency I'd give the hospital a call and see what they say.

My doctor also said business can bring them on. I've noticed that it triggers them when I have sex, sometimes they last a long time after that. So it could be a number of things. I agree with the previous poster, maybe try to take it easy for a bit?

Ive had them alot as well. My dr said, either they mean you're having a busy day and you need to rest and put your feet up, or early labour. If you sit to relax and they keep going she said come into the mat clinic to get checked.

I have had them since week 22 and drive me crazy.. I did way to much yesterday and got even more, by last night all I had to do was stand up and I would get on and they can be very intense and take your breath away so today I am having a lazy movie day and giving my Poor lo a rest from so many as it must annoy him to..

I had the same thing when i was preggers with my ds. They started constantly at about 33 weeks and never seemed to go away unless I was laying down. Be careful, because BH contractions can bring on real ones which is why you are suppose to call your OB if you have more than 10 in an hour for a span of 2-3 hours. They caused me to go into early labor, and I had to go in to the hospital and get an injection to stop them. I would take it easy for a while, and if they still are still coming at that frequency then I would call your OB. Even if they say you are fine, you can at least get some peace of mind.

Also they said that a warm bath might help relax your muscles enough to stop them.

This happens to me. I'm constantly on the go with my 2 year old. I find stress makes it worse.

I was reading about them a few nights ago.. and im sure it sais that of your experiencing them regular and your less than 37 weeks to contact mw... ill try get the link for you x

YEah it does huni... says if ur getting more than 4 an hr to contact someone as maybe aign of pre term labour xx heres the link...

https://www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"