Constant crying

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick question as i'm slowly losing the plot...

Poppy has always been a very good baby (even when she was in hospital for 5 weeks with Pyloric Stenosis she was good as gold) but the past 3 days all she has done is cry! No exaggeration the only time she stops crying is when she's feeding, she even screams through her bath and she usually ADORES bath time. I don't know what to do. In fairness she's still slepping 12 - 13 hours a night but the whole day she just cries, its a similar cry to when she has wind, really high pitched, red face etc. I know she is teething coz she has every symptom and i can see an upper front tooth just coming through, but is it normal for her to be crying this much? I'm really starting to worry and i feel awful for feeling so exasperated by it :shrug: :cry:

I know it can be frustrating hun...Im going through it as well with my LO bc she is teething. Have you tried infant Tylenol or the baby Orajel on her gums?

Ive found that Tylenol is my life saver at times like these. :)

Shame poor wee toot, Alex was in hospital for 5 wks as well and he never moaned once but now haha god he cant half moan some days.
I would say its teeth, give Poppy some Calpol or rub on some gel and if it settles her you know its teeth.

Or i would mention it to the GP or HV just to be sure.

I can understand what your going through but honestly every baby is different, Liam cut his bottom 2 fine, then he cut his top 4 at the same time for about 2 weeks it was up every hour. Calpol sorted the last four out, hes now beginning to cut his next top 2 and now im back to trying distraction techniques, not letting him sleep much through the day, taking him for long walks and then tea, supper and his last milk feed and some of that ashton powders so far the tiredness is working

Just got to work at different things

It's awful, but it really will pass. The only thing that worked for us was ice cubes on the gums and giving him extra love and attention, distracting him at every turn from the pain.

Awww might be teething :( Have you thought of trying an amber necklace? It helped Hayden SO much when he was getting them. Or chewing on a wet washcloth helps too. I hope it passes soon and she feels better! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->