constant headache

laurajo24

Reaction score
hi girls

i really hate to moan about pregnancy symptoms when i'm really happy to be pregnant.
however, its getting unbearable and slightly worrying now...

i've had a really bad headache since sunday evening. near the temples of my head and it alternates between left and right sides. the pain is all down my neck too. paracetamol helps with the pain but i'm conscious of taking to many.

i know headaches are more common in pregnancy but surely this is too much??!! its constant and verging on being as bad a migraine (get them now and again but not very often)

have any of you girls had this problem? did you go to the doctors? what did you do to make it feel better? how many paracetamols is too many?

so many questions...

:hug:

I've got a headache too but not as bad as yours sounds so I've managed to resist taking anything. As long as you don't exceed the stated dose you should be alright. Have you tried having a nice warm bath with some relaxing bubbles/radox? That might ease it a bit? Or go for a massage?

I've had the same exact problem and it's horrible. I'm the same as you I don't like to complain abou symptoms but this one makes it hard to function at all...mine gets so bad that every time my heart beats I can feel it shoot down my shoulder:( I am meeting with my midwife at half 1 and this was one of my questions for her...I'll let you know when I get back. Hope you feel better soon love

If you have a bit of spare cash, cranial osteopathy is brilliant for that kind of thing, particularly during pregnancy xx

hiya.. not trying to scare you just giving you my story.... i had continous migraine like headaches with my DS andi wrote it off to typical pregnancy symptoms... but in the end it as down to high blood pressure (I had eclampsia) and also a brain Cyst they found!

Im sure you dont have either of those as it was unusual for that early on for blood pressure and the combination is super rare but just thought id share my story to say its probably worth just getting it checked out just in case!

Fxed you feel better soon.. its always worth a call to the GP i'd say xxxx

I've had the same exact problem and it's horrible. I'm the same as you I don't like to complain abou symptoms but this one makes it hard to function at all...mine gets so bad that every time my heart beats I can feel it shoot down my shoulder:( I am meeting with my midwife at half 1 and this was one of my questions for her...I'll let you know when I get back. Hope you feel better soon love

That would be great if you could let me know what she says.

i am a bit worried about blood pressure. mine has always been on the lower side of normal but i know things can change. i have a scan tomorrow and was wondering if i could ask someone to quickly check my blood pressure when i'm there. i don't know if thats going to be possible though as i know they're busy. my GP is a nightmare to get an appointment with atm! will probably have to wait until friday.

thanks for all the replies girls

hi hun she said that head aches are unfortunately a part of pregnancy even migraines. SHe said if they continue well into the 2nd trimester like 14-16 weeks to go to the gp because it could be something like preclampsia but probably nothing. So if it is really bothering you I would mention it tomorrow at your scan good luck hun :hugs:

hi hun she said that head aches are unfortunately a part of pregnancy even migraines. SHe said if they continue well into the 2nd trimester like 14-16 weeks to go to the gp because it could be something like preclampsia but probably nothing. So if it is really bothering you I would mention it tomorrow at your scan good luck hun :hugs:

Thankyou so much for that - i might mention it tomorrow then. did your appointment go well? what was your midwife like?

Apparently its something to do with the Hormones??? Not sure if thats true or not but mine have gone now I have had a MC and HCG has come down.

Thankyou so much for that - i might mention it tomorrow then. did your appointment go well? what was your midwife like?

:hug:[/QUOTE]

my midwife was lovely actually! She offered us an early scan becaused I had a mmc in March and she knows how paniced we are lol. So we will see our lo sometime in the next few days:) It's amazing how nice she was compared to last time!! How is yours? And don't worrry about it:) :hugs:

I get bad headaches... it usually helps if i eat something. Also, laying down and sleeping always works! :)

Apparently its something to do with the Hormones??? Not sure if thats true or not but mine have gone now I have had a MC and HCG has come down.

i'm sorry to hear that beachlover. :hugs:

thanks for the info though

my midwife was lovely actually! She offered us an early scan becaused I had a mmc in March and she knows how paniced we are lol. So we will see our lo sometime in the next few days:) It's amazing how nice she was compared to last time!! How is yours? And don't worrry about it:) :hugs:[/QUOTE]

oh an early scan!!! yey! hope you get to see the heartbeat this early on. i saw sprouts at 7 weeks and it was amazing...

glad your midwife was nice. mine is great. she was midwife for a friend recently so i know shes good!

have given in and taken another paracetamol - i know that we're told its safe but i don't want to put anything in my body that isn't supposed to be there atm! am also just waiting for an eye mask to cool down in the freezer. have heard that help a lot!

again, thanks for everyones replies!!!

The midwife told me to take paracetomal and nothing else so don't worry hun it is ok:)

I put this in another thread, but just in case! There are some really good cooling strips that are fantastic. You stick them on your forehead and back of neck. They are called kool 'n soothe or can also get 4head quick strips. Highly recommended x

I put this in another thread, but just in case! There are some really good cooling strips that are fantastic. You stick them on your forehead and back of neck. They are called kool 'n soothe or can also get 4head quick strips. Highly recommended x

i agree these are brill! used them through last pregnancy and after having Ds in hospital! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->