constant period cramps AFTER period? Been 2 days now...

A1983

Reaction score
I'm definitely not pregnant. I finished my period yesterday and was only very slight, it started 6 days ago and has been a normal period.

Yesterday I started to get really painful period type cramping. I ended up taking iboprufen but it didn't touch the pain! 8 hours later I went to bed and this morning forgot all about it...then after 5 minutes the cramping started again and has been all day again. I've been feeling sick on and off a lot too, and some back cramping. Pain relief does nothing which is unusual as normally works for period pains.

But I'm fretting as I don't know why I'm still cramping? No blood loss today so period definitely over. Just come back from Dr's, no urine infection and she examined me internally and externally (she said if I had an internal infection the pressing and prodding would hurt, and if I had endometriosis it would hurt, along with sex-which doesn't hurt). So im baffled.

I know I just need to switch off and treat it like a headache that's just unexplained...but when it comes to my reproductive bits and fertility im overly conscious and anxious! Any ideas/similar cases?

I have no advice, sorry, but didn't want to read and run. Hopefully someone who's had a similar experience will reply. Hope the cramps stops soon.

Thank you, ive still got it-and I KNOW my raising anxiety about it is making me tense and so making it worse. But I'm so worried and I was perfectly calm when it first happened. When i first wake up its gone...but then immediately returns and today will be the 3rd day.

I've also got back cramping in lower back and feel sick

I know you just finished your period, but have you taken a pregnancy test?

I was seriously considering it! I had a weekend of lots of distraction forced upon me by OH and DD and it's been my medicine, cramps gone (there slightly when I think about it but I think you can bring on pain sometimes if you think about it)...but as to what it was who knows. It was very painful. I think it's been a big build up of stress, but either way it all seems to be over now thankfully! Ill see how my next cycle goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->