Constant, steady contractions...UPDATE REAL CONTRACTIONS

Joyfulsahm

Reaction score
I will be 40 weeks soon(a couple of days) and I have been having steady contractions for the last couple of days, especially last night and this morning. They are like a dull cramping and just pretty uncomfortable but not painful or unbearable.the baby is also moving a lot. I've been having Braxton hicks for weeks but these are more steady and keep progressing up to a certain point but then stop for a but. Either that or I'm not always noticing them since they aren't painful. I was able to sleep through them last night. I also can really tell the baby has dropped a lot and I'm feeling constant pressure. Anyone else experienced this? Is it false labor? I go and see my doc on Wed. I'm just ready for some news. I've also had an upset tummy off and on. I know I don't have too much more time left but has anyone experienced anything similar?

Update.*****
I'm def having less sporadic contractions that are painful every 3-5 mins apart lasting about a minute or more.

With my son I was havings lots of BH but they started get more regular and I could feel them in my back which told me they were contrax and not BHs. They went on for days and days. 6 days to be exact, getting more intense as the days went on. I would say to just keep an eye on the frequency of them. I wouldn't call it "false" labor per se, but maybe just very very early labor. Good luck!

Thanks Emily! I def do feel these in my back a bit as opposed to the BH I felt before. It's just encouraging knowing this means I'm at least making some sort of headway in the labor direction. Waiting on this baby has def been lesson in patience.

I had steady contractions for 3/4 days with my first before they started ramping up and getting closer together. Fx for you Hun x

That means maybe just a few more days of this. Woo! I know it could be longer but we shall see. I'm just so ready to have my little one. I've had 6 friends have babies in the past 3 months And I'm so excited for it to be my turn.

If you're 40 weeks I'm sure things will happen soon! (crossing fingers for you!). I'll be stalking this so keep us updated! <3

I will def keep you posted. I just felt like my contractions intensified and I'm excited. My back is hurting quite a bit more. I'm trying to just stay positive even if nothing happens. Oh and by the way we are naming our little one Daniel. I noticed that's your sons name. I thought that was neat.

Yes! I'm so hopeful and overjoyed to meet my little blessing soon. My husband is so cute getting all excited! Oh and get this! So we live in a duplex and the set next door for us, well the lady that lives there hired my hubby to work on the one next door to her. (My husband does contracting construction type work.) this is perfect because he will be able to work right next door when I'm recovering. My mom will be here too. This was just an added blessing.

I will def keep you posted. I just felt like my contractions intensified and I'm excited. My back is hurting quite a bit more. I'm trying to just stay positive even if nothing happens. Oh and by the way we are naming our little one Daniel. I noticed that's your sons name. I thought that was neat.

Great name! Daniels are the best! My husband is Daniel as well! :winkwink:

Mine is Dan! His dad is Daniel and when he named Dan he shortened it he said to save him the trouble because ppl called him Dan. But my husband will go by Daniel sometimes. His grandfather was a Daniel too. And my mommy wanted to name me Daniel if I had been a boy so we thought it's meant to be. So Daniel Timothy it is :)

Mine is Dan! His dad is Daniel and when he named Dan he shortened it he said to save him the trouble because ppl called him Dan. But my husband will go by Daniel sometimes. His grandfather was a Daniel too. And my mommy wanted to name me Daniel if I had been a boy so we thought it's meant to be. So Daniel Timothy it is :)

My father in law is Daniel as well! And my step-dad is a Dan. Too weird!!! My son and my husband both go by Danny.

My father in law is Daniel as well! And my step-dad is a Dan. Too weird!!! My son and my husband both go by Danny.

Oh wow! That's too neat!! What a cool coincidence :) I'm excited because I reached my due date. Well one of my ultrasound due dates. I got the 6th, 8th and the 10th so I always went with the 8th since it's right in the middle. No progress yet except I feel like he's trying to stretch and wiggle his way out. My contractions are still acting up and my back hurts a bit and so do my legs but it's not unbearable at all. I'm just hoping he doesn't stretch this out for weeks.

Well I went to the doc today and she checked me and I haven't dilated at all but since the last time she said my cervix had thinned out. She also told me next week if I have dilated any (if nothing happens before then) she will do a membrane sweep. I'm hoping to progress before then. If not then I hope the sweep works so I don't have to be induced. My doctor won't even talk induction until after 42 weeks though. So everything is still up in the air. It's just driving me crazy that I'm getting checked on so much by out of town family and friends wanting updates and I have nothing to share. So the waiting game continues. I'm getting worse cramps and contractions but I think it could just be since she checked me earlier. Been sitting on the exercise ball and that helps.

Well I went to the doc today and she checked me and I haven't dilated at all but since the last time she said my cervix had thinned out. She also told me next week if I have dilated any (if nothing happens before then) she will do a membrane sweep. I'm hoping to progress before then. If not then I hope the sweep works so I don't have to be induced. My doctor won't even talk induction until after 42 weeks though. So everything is still up in the air. It's just driving me crazy that I'm getting checked on so much by out of town family and friends wanting updates and I have nothing to share. So the waiting game continues. I'm getting worse cramps and contractions but I think it could just be since she checked me earlier. Been sitting on the exercise ball and that helps.

Well your cervix in thinning and that's something! Just trying to be positive! I know it's out of your hands and I know it's frustrating! Hang in there! :hugs:

Thanks :) I know he will eventually come and I just gotta be patient. It's just so crazy how the end seems to drag out for ages. But I am so thankful he is healthy.

Very nice to hear the doc won't talk induction. This happens so infrequently, you're lucky to have such a great doc!!

Good luck and I hope it is soon!!!!

Very nice to hear the doc won't talk induction. This happens so infrequently, you're lucky to have such a great doc!!

Good luck and I hope it is soon!!!!

I'm so very thankful, I feel blessed to have her. In my area she's known to be the pro natural childbirth doctor and she's had 4 children of her own. So as impatient as I feel at times I'm thankful she isn't pushy about that. She is really on my team. Now my only concern is his size. I was 10 days late for my mom and weighed 7# 10oz. My husband was in time and weighed 9# 3oz. So I'm just like hmmm will I have a late baby that's huge. We shall see.

Okay I have a question about my mucous plug. I went to wipe this morning and it was reddish pink with bits of fleshy chunks (only way to describe it) in it. Not really mucous like though. I know you can spot after a cervical check. I didn't after my first one at 37 weeks. But maybe I am now after the one I had yesterday ?Does it seem like a mixture of spotting with my plug? I was cramping majorly really early this morning and still having contractions. I can feel it more in my legs and a little in my back. What does that seem like to you?

Okay I have a question about my mucous plug. I went to wipe this morning and it was reddish pink with bits of fleshy chunks (only way to describe it) in it. Not really mucous like though. I know you can spot after a cervical check. I didn't after my first one at 37 weeks. But maybe I am now after the one I had yesterday ?Does it seem like a mixture of spotting with my plug? I was cramping majorly really early this morning and still having contractions. I can feel it more in my legs and a little in my back. What does that seem like to you?

Sounds like your mucus plug is dislodging! You may be a little bloody from the exam, as the cervix gets sensitive as it starts thinning and dilating, but the fleshy, wobbly bits are most likely your plug. Things are moving along! Keep us updated! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->