Constant worry - How to calm down?!

Underduck

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got my BFP last Wednesday and it's probably been the longest week of my life. I never knew how much waiting women had to put up with!

My wonderful family doctor moved away six months ago and I'm now left to deal with a couple of different doctors at the walk-in clinic who have both been super kind but also super negative (acting as if I'm going to miscarry because my u/s at 4w4-5d showed nothing except the thickening of the lining). There has also been a lot of negativity surrounding my HCG levels - I previously posted a thread about the numbers and no one here thinks they are very low.

I have been having some cramps here and there and some soreness in my breast but the worst symptom so far has been exhaustion. I come home from work at lunch and nap! I'm always so tired!!

I've suffered from depression and anxiety in the past and I find that it's starting to come back during this pregnancy. I'm 99% sure it's from the negativity I've recieved from the doctor. Keeping positive is difficult. I'm already freaking out about not seeing anything on my next u/a next week or that it'll be in my tubes.

I work with children who have special needs and I am not enjoying it right now. Luckily we break for the summer in 3 weeks but I need activities or suggestions on how to occupy my busy, fretful and at times devastated mind.

I want this more than anything and it's my entire world right now. How can I focus on anything else?!

I'm not sure if I'm looking for advice, but I think I'm looking for somewhere safe to unleash my thoughts. This is a remarkably lonely time.

:cry:

Just wanted to say I share your distress and frustrations.
I am 6w today and have been having bleeding on and off. I'm a nervous wreck and it's getting me down. Can't get a scan until next week and having same thoughts as you. I'm trying to distract myself as much as possible and I can confide in a couple of good and sensible friends that keep
me rational! Candy crush is good for distraction!
I wish i could fast forward time! Hugs xxx

Hi I posted on your other thread. I have been exhausted too. Beyond anything I have felt in any of my previous pregnancies. I too have been worrying. I find the easiest way to get through it is to sleep as much as possible. I work from home and there are times when I don't have a choice but to work late (I make celebration cakes, wedding cakes, birthday cakes, etc) but I have been going to bed at 6pm when I don't have work to do. It has made the days go by a little faster and I don't feel as sick this pregnancy.

Tiredness is a good sign. It means your body is working hard to build a placenta for your LO. If it's any help, I didn't have any tiredness or any other symptoms when I had my ectopic pregnancy :)

Hi everyone,

I got my BFP last Wednesday and it's probably been the longest week of my life. I never knew how much waiting women had to put up with!

My wonderful family doctor moved away six months ago and I'm now left to deal with a couple of different doctors at the walk-in clinic who have both been super kind but also super negative (acting as if I'm going to miscarry because my u/s at 4w4-5d showed nothing except the thickening of the lining). There has also been a lot of negativity surrounding my HCG levels - I previously posted a thread about the numbers and no one here thinks they are very low.

I have been having some cramps here and there and some soreness in my breast but the worst symptom so far has been exhaustion. I come home from work at lunch and nap! I'm always so tired!!

I've suffered from depression and anxiety in the past and I find that it's starting to come back during this pregnancy. I'm 99% sure it's from the negativity I've recieved from the doctor. Keeping positive is difficult. I'm already freaking out about not seeing anything on my next u/a next week or that it'll be in my tubes.

I work with children who have special needs and I am not enjoying it right now. Luckily we break for the summer in 3 weeks but I need activities or suggestions on how to occupy my busy, fretful and at times devastated mind.

I want this more than anything and it's my entire world right now. How can I focus on anything else?!

I'm not sure if I'm looking for advice, but I think I'm looking for somewhere safe to unleash my thoughts. This is a remarkably lonely time.

:cry:

Hello and congratulations! :happydance:. You're never alone on here luvvie. There's always someone who's in the same boat or that can lend a shoulder to cry on and reassure you. I think that doctors play things on the safe side sometimes and tell us the worst possible things at to protect themselves if the worst was to happen. Sounds like your getting good symptoms and progressing nicely, so try not to worry. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->