constant yeast infections and swelling in hands and feet

musicmomma

Reaction score
Ugh sorry for the TMI, but I feel like I can't get rid of a yeast infection long enough. I will have one and get rid of it and then less then a week later, another one pops up! I'm getting so frustrated as I am a very clean person and it makes me so grossed out. I have an appt today for my 38th week. I'm also having very painful swelling in my hands feet and ankles.

Does anyone know if the doctor will recommend best rest? I really can't be on bed rest, or do you think they will consider inducing me early? I'm nervous, but I know that sometime the swelling you just have to deal with, but it really feels like my skin is going to pop open!! Anyone have an idea or advice or experience?!

My doctor will induce most folks who asks once they hit 39 weeks, but their bodies need to seem ready for labor, and they'll do an ultrasound first to make sure those lungs are perfect. Having bad swelling makes my doctor much more likely to say yes, but she still won't try if your cervix is sealed shut! She doesn't like having to perform emergency c-sections because of failed inductions, which I think is a good thing. lol

Anyway, definitely whine about the pain to your doctor. Hopefully they'll take a feel at your cervix and maybe help to open you up a little by swirling a finger in there or doing a sweep (which can hurt, but it helps). It won't hurt to ask for an induction as early as your doctor is willing to do one.

As for the yeast infection, I'm suffering with this, too. I just keep getting them. I've been treating with putting baking soda on the area while I shower (and then rinsing it off) and putting coconut oil on the area for 3 days now, and my symptoms have gone almost completely. I had kept treating with Monistat, and eventually the yeast will become resistant to it, which I think is what's happening to me (and possibly to you!). The yeast problem should go away after the birth of your baby, once your hormones have balanced out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->