Constantly eating to ward off nausea but worried about weight gain!

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
So at only 5 weeks I'm starving all the time and have noticed that if I let myself get too hungry then I feel sick.

After having hypermesis gravidarum in my last pregnancy I really don't want it this time so I'm just eating all the time to ward off the nausea but worried that if I don't get Hg this time and carry on like this I'll put on loads of weight as I'm already in the obese catergy according to my bmi that's not good!

Anyone else worry about this?

If you need to graze to keep the sickness away why not just change it to healthy foods, i swapped out chrisps for carrotts and other random things, but in the first tri all i done was eat, little bits of everything all day long lol i changed to fruits and veg when i realized just how much i was actually putting away lol

Exactly, your body is telling you you need to graze and that's okay, just try and have good things, some healthy snack ideas: dried fruit and nuts, carrots and humus, apple and peanut butter, rice cakes and oat cakes with toppings (avocado!) umm.. smoothies, yoghurts, fruit. :p

I've been similar except I had/have (they are getting better) major food aversions to most foods! So healthy foods went out the window! I'm 15 weeks now and only just back eating fruit & vegetables! I've lived of carbohydrate, mostly a variety of different plain crackers. And for main meals, sandwiches, spaghetti hoops and toast!

That said, I've only put on 4 pounds in 15 weeks. I think the sickness restricted my portion size and while crackers are not very healthy, they are low calorie.

Just try keep your snacks on the lower calorie end and eat as healthily as you can! I've found it tough to get through the sickness, I ate what I could to survive! :)

I experienced the same thing! I was eating every 2-3 hours and if I didn't I felt awful.

I couldn't stomach much healthy food for a long time (I mainly just wanted bread/plain pasta) but I found that while I was eating all the time, I wasn't eating very much all the time. Like when I portioned out what I would usually have for dinner when I ate at night with my husband I could make it through like half.

I am 14 weeks now and am finally feeling 90 percent better. I started feeling gradually better starting around week 11 and being able to integrate produce back into my diet. Just switching to snacking on healthy stuff allowed me to lose two of the pounds that I gained and brought my first trimester weight gain total to 3-4 lbs depending on the day.

I am overweight, so it's not ideal, but it's well within "normal" range.

And, honestly, I have seen women in my life really gain quickly from eating to stave off morning sickness and then not gain much else during theach pregnancy. And I've seen women who gained barely anything until the end and then grew overnight. It all evens out.

Hey feeling the same too. I just want 'bad' carbs ALL OF THE TIME!!!

Hope the sickness passes soon for us all xxx

Hey feeling the same too. I just want 'bad' carbs ALL OF THE TIME!!!

Hope the sickness passes soon for us all xxx

Yeah I'm craving rubbish but when I put what I'm eating atm on 'my fitness pal' and it did say I'm still only eating 1900/2000 calories a day which is more than I was having because I've been on a diet most of my adult life but still not more than I am allowed so hopefully won't get too fat!

I am going to get some healthier snacks today especially after eating 2 packs off wotsits, poridge and a brioche roll by 10am already today!
:(

I've been naughty today too... had a double milky way bar... ooops!

Slimming world dinner tonight though in a bid to try and be good.

When I was pregnant with my first baby, I had to eat nonnn-stop. And I had awful aversions. If it smelled like anything, I couldn't be anywhere near it. It is pretty funny to look back at what a mess I was... I gained 30 pounds with the pregnancy, but it was all gone by the time my baby was 6 weeks old. I'm tracking my weight and trying to keep my portions in check... I don't need to gain any during the pregnancy, but I also know to allow myself a little so I don't get too grumpy or sick!

Story of my life!! And I have gained way too much at 13 weeks although the Dr says I'm fine

I would suggest focusing on tiny meals, mostly healthy if possible, so you don't overrun on calories. But don't worry too much if you overdo it a little or can't manage healthy either. It's preferable to be healthy, but the most important thing is to make it through the nausea phase with your sanity intact. ;)

I can totally relate to this Beccaboop
I HG horrifically untill 20 weeks with my first, I could not keep a thing down and ended up in hospital on more than one occasion, thank god for my lovely GP who gave me medication on the end. I worried it's coming back and like you if I let myself get "hungry" it quickly develops into nausea, also carrying a bit of extra weight so can't afford to eat like this really. Also craving junk, and then bot fancying anything - I just,feel irritable really :(

My nausea has been awful. And grazing helps. And let me tell you - I'd rather be fat and not feel like sh1t than slim and feel sick 24/7 !! Wouldn't you?

Oooh it looks like weeks 7,8 and 9 are the horrid ones. Lets hope we feel much better soon ladies and we can get back to some healthier options xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->