• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Constantly Hungry

Diana5241

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice an increase in hunger at the start of 3rd Tri? :shrug:

For most of my pregnancy, I haven't been very hungry (and I've only put on about 15 lbs) but the past few days I'm constantly STARVING. As in, eating substantially every two hours, hungry!

I'm guessing LO is just going through a growth spurt, but I still feel guilty. I feel like I'm pigging out but my stomach is legitimately growling. Help!!

Meee!! I wasn't like this at the beginning of the 3rd tri but the last couples of weeks I feel like i'm always starving. My stomach feels like an uncontrollable machine. Our grocery bill has def gone up these last few weesk too!

I've had it come and go. I'll go a few days where I'm not really hungry at all, and then several days where I eat everything I can get my hands on! I tell myself it means the baby is having a growth spurt, but I just say that to make myself feel better.

Lol, I stay hungry! I have to eat like every two hours or I literally get sick. :/

MAN, I can eat these days! I make like three lunches during the day and have a few snacks along with breakfast, dinner, and sometimes "dessert". lol... And they're never "small" meals.

I have started to decrease the size of the actual meals, because I get so full and uncomfortable, but I've made up for it by eating almost constantly. LOL

Yes definitley increased, have breakfast then by 11 starving ! Poor belly is getting a good stretching after dinner especially ... oops.

I used to be hungrier in 2nd trimester. Now that my belly has grown so much in 3rd trimester, I don't have the same capacity to eat. The uterus crowds the body, leaving smaller space for stomach.

Anyway, I would suggest you eat more fruits. I used a special way to make sure I don't pig out on unhealthy stuff. I ate carbs/cereals and fruits alternately. If one meal contains cooked/processed food, I chose to eat fruits next. I also invariably ate every two hours and still do. In fact I have been eatign every 2-3 hours before pregnancy too. Its the healthier way and fires up metabolism. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"